Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not really a knife but was hoping someone might be able to tell what this sword is. It was given to me a few years ago by a friend of the family before she died and she didn't seem to know anything about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,075 Posts
"was hoping someone might be able to tell what this sword is" that sword is heckin' cool and bad a$$ too :) sorry I couldn't help myself :)

Reactions: Hunter-13 and Tag

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's defiantly a NATHAN STARR 1818 cavalry saber as d3moncow had found for me. I never thought it would be THAT old. My mind is still blown! Things I thought was messed up on it like how the blade looks like its bent where it comes out of the handle is actually how they are in all the pictures I have found.

Before he found that I kept finding German ones that looked close, like the Pattern 1796 Light Cavalry sword that flipgun mention but they have extra parts that this doesn't have. That's what kept stumping me.

I can't help but wonder if the nicks in the blade are from battle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.