Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I don´t know if I have a problem or not. I´d apreciate your advise.

I´ve got some great tapered kits made of theraband gold.

However, my slingshot is not made of wood (which I could tie over the tip); it´s metallic, with two polished screws (8 mm diameter), where I have to tie the therabands.

Should I fold up the part that will be hold to the screw? And the main question: Will it affect to the accuracy? And if I do it, won´t it waste the power of the wide part of the theraband?

Thanks in advance,

Max.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
How about a picture? I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're saying

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
What Pallan said...
FYI folding the tube does not reduce the power and accuracy shouldn't be affected as long as both sides are the same.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Just make sure you wont snag the band to tear it. Wear safety glasses when pulling. Since you have screws are the scews holding washers that are for sandwiching the bands?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hi guys! This is my slingshot (well, I´ve already done the handle and dressed the other structures with camo). I would appreciate any suggestion on how to tie the theraband gold.
Thanks again!
Max.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts

Hi guys! This is my slingshot (well, I´ve already done the handle and dressed the other structures with camo). I would appreciate any suggestion on how to tie the theraband gold.
Thanks again!
Max.
Just loop it through what looks sort of like a U that swivels and bind about 5/8 to 3/4 inch with standard post office rubber band to itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answers!. It was very useful!. I´m sorry for the delay, but I´ve been on holliday, and the wifi didn´t work.

All the best,

Conrad.

·
Registered
164 Posts
don't you think that the handle is too low? it will be a wrist pain machine...

just loop around it and attach them,
i don't think that there will be a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts