Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm the mom of two big boys, wife, Youth Pastor, Children's Pastor, substitute teacher, church secretary, chief cook and dish washer. I love to do hobbies that get me away from all the work and since I'm the only girl in the house, I HAVE do things to keep up with the guys. Gotta keep them in line somehow.
So we camp, hike, bicycle, garden, and shoot slingshots together. I used to be a really good shot, but now that the boys are older (teens), they give me some real competition. Guess I need to practice more.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
It's great to have you here. -- Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Welcome aboard Peashootergirl! Glad you joined up.

·
Registered
855 Posts
A lady on the forums? And a youth pastor to boot? Boys, we're gonna have to clean up our act. No more, cussin', spittin', or scratchin'! It'll be tough, but I know we can do it. As Red Green says, "I'm a man, but I can change if I have to, I guess."

Totally joking, peashootergirl. A warm welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello
and Best Wishes, peashootergirl!
Welcome peashootergirl:)
Nice to have you here.
My daughter lives in California, and she is a slingshot enthusiast also. She is a very good shot.
She is sending me some Manzanita natural forks. I can hardly wait to get them.
Tom
aka. bunnybuster
[/quote]

Sounds very interesting. Hope you post some pics...would like to see what you do with the Manzanita. Is your daughter a member of this forum? If not you should tell her she needs to be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lady on the forums? And a youth pastor to boot? Boys, we're gonna have to clean up our act. No more, cussin', spittin', or scratchin'! It'll be tough, but I know we can do it. As Red Green says, "I'm a man, but I can change if I have to, I guess."

Totally joking, peashootergirl. A warm welcome to the forums.
Too funny!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Who knew that I would be setting a new precedence by becoming a member of a slingshot forum. But guess that's not something new for me. I was the first female on an industrial paint crew. Now I'm one of two female youth pastors in my section. So move over guys, make room!

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,623 Posts
Hello
and Best Wishes, peashootergirl!
Welcome peashootergirl:)
Nice to have you here.
My daughter lives in California, and she is a slingshot enthusiast also. She is a very good shot.
She is sending me some Manzanita natural forks. I can hardly wait to get them.
Tom
aka. bunnybuster
[/quote]

Sounds very interesting. Hope you post some pics...would like to see what you do with the Manzanita. Is your daughter a member of this forum? If not you should tell her she needs to be.

[/quote]
My daughter is not a member of the site...
But I will invite her to join.
I was out to California last spring, and I saw the manzanita up in the sierras.
Beautiful wood, and I think it would make nice natural forks. Right now I have a nice base slab of the manzanita, and I want to make a laminate slingshot, with the manzanita on the outside. I will post pictures when I can finally catch up, and fashion up a couple beauties

Tom

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Welcome aboard Peashooter! Nice to have you with us! Flatband

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You sound like my kind of woman.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Well, well, well..now how about that!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts