Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only reason I’m posting this is to encourage everyone to participate, regardless of what your level of accuracy is. I feel many of us feel our accuracy level isn’t what we think it should be. First of all we are our only competition, we can’t control what others do. I feel one of the most important things to remind people is, No One Will Ever have any negative comments about our shooting. When I first shot I shook so bad, because I was afraid of getting a fork hit and possibly hurting someone. Let’s do this????

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts
The only reason I'm posting this is to encourage everyone to participate, regardless of what your level of accuracy is. I feel many of us feel our accuracy level isn't what we think it should be. First of all we are our only competition, we can't control what others do. I feel one of the most important things to remind people is, No One Will Ever have any negative comments about our shooting. When I first shot I shook so bad, because I was afraid of getting a fork hit and possibly hurting someone. Let's do this
I did hurt someone when I was about 10 years old. A older neighborhood girl was walking around the topside of our property and I was yelling at her to 'GET OFF OUR LAND!! '. She said something like, " HEY JERK, WHY DON'T YOU SHOOT ME WITH YOUR SLINGSHOT! ".
So I was downhill about 30 yards or so and I started kicking the ground looking for some ammo. Low and behold the SlingGods answered my prayers and a I kicked up a rusted square nut and bolt!!
I picked it up. She was sitting down with a couple of dolls or something. I blew off the dirt first and loaded er' up. The voices of Good and Evil started fighting in my head!? 'Hit her in head! Your Dad will kill you! Hit her in the eye! Your Mom will take your Slingshot away! You'll hurt her! She is a trespasser! RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!
In the confusion and chaos I started bouncing my aim between a head shot, then body shot, then doll shot, then no shot, over the head, whizz her ear, back to the dolls. My head was a whirl as I tried to just drop the sling. Then the answer I sought slammed me like a message from the SlingGods themselves.... RICHOCHET! Scare her, throw up some sparks, start a STAMPEDE!!!
At that instant my ammo flew from the pouch and I hit low and to the right to kick up some dust and sparks off the gravel driveway. In an instant she fell back screaming bloody murder as my shot DID richochet and hit her right above the left eyebrow!!???
In the madness and my own tears I could see her Mom on the other side of the road on the porch trying to locate the screamer. I saw another person walk out behind a barn looking for the same. Behind me my Mom came running out of the house.
In a moment of brilliance I screamed as loud as I could and yelled, 'OVER THERE!! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH JENNIFER!!!!'
Of course before I ran up the hill to be her first responder I chucked my sling into a Pyrocantha bush and figure out a good lie within' 30 yards or so. Honestly my memory starts to go dark after I arrived at the scene which means whatever happened after that wasn't pleasant for my buttside.
I believe this competition will help me redeem my past to the SlingGods and end this old nightmare.
I'm in!!!! Moses 'You Little S.O.B' Oakie

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The only reason I'm posting this is to encourage everyone to participate, regardless of what your level of accuracy is. I feel many of us feel our accuracy level isn't what we think it should be. First of all we are our only competition, we can't control what others do. I feel one of the most important things to remind people is, No One Will Ever have any negative comments about our shooting. When I first shot I shook so bad, because I was afraid of getting a fork hit and possibly hurting someone. Let's do this
I did hurt someone when I was about 10 years old. A older neighborhood girl was walking around the topside of our property and I was yelling at her to 'GET OFF OUR LAND!! '. She said something like, " HEY JERK, WHY DON'T YOU SHOOT ME WITH YOUR SLINGSHOT! ".
So I was downhill about 30 yards or so and I started kicking the ground looking for some ammo. Low and behold the SlingGods answered my prayers and a I kicked up a rusted square nut and bolt!!
I picked it up. She was sitting down with a couple of dolls or something. I blew off the dirt first and loaded er' up. The voices of Good and Evil started fighting in my head!? 'Hit her in head! Your Dad will kill you! Hit her in the eye! Your Mom will take your Slingshot away! You'll hurt her! She is a trespasser! RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!
In the confusion and chaos I started bouncing my aim between a head shot, then body shot, then doll shot, then no shot, over the head, whizz her ear, back to the dolls. My head was a whirl as I tried to just drop the sling. Then the answer I sought slammed me like a message from the SlingGods themselves.... RICHOCHET! Scare her, throw up some sparks, start a STAMPEDE!!!
At that instant my ammo flew from the pouch and I hit low and to the right to kick up some dust and sparks off the gravel driveway. In an instant she fell back screaming bloody murder as my shot DID richochet and hit her right above the left eyebrow!!???
In the madness and my own tears I could see her Mom on the other side of the road on the porch trying to locate the screamer. I saw another person walk out behind a barn looking for the same. Behind me my Mom came running out of the house.
In a moment of brilliance I screamed as loud as I could and yelled, 'OVER THERE!! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH JENNIFER!!!!'
Of course before I ran up the hill to be her first responder I chucked my sling into a Pyrocantha bush and figure out a good lie within' 30 yards or so. Honestly my memory starts to go dark after I arrived at the scene which means whatever happened after that wasn't pleasant for my buttside.
I believe this competition will help me redeem my past to the SlingGods and end this old nightmare.

Do you know you are wafting time, you should be writing slingshot stories. I am certain that there are enough members on this forum who would support you. Nice one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts

Do you know you are wafting time, you should be writing slingshot stories. I am certain that there are enough members on this forum who would support you. Nice one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Doc, true story. I made my millions making custom wood Scrabble Tiles, now I am retired and on hiatus from the local OpenMic circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts