Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Why are your parents against your plans? Because of the money, or because they don't want you to own a powerful slingshot?

You. should convince your parents that you are mature and responsible enough so they are OK with your hobby. If you can't get to that point, you are out of luck as I don't think anyone here would disrespect your parents. There are liability issues as well.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Sounds like someone broke to me.

Nothing is FREE no more.

Also, shipping to Belgium would be crazy HIGH.

I need another automobile that runs great. Anyone got one they can send me
because my wife won't let me buy one?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are your parents against your plans? Because of the money, or because they don't want you to own a powerful slingshot?

You. should convince your parents that you are mature and responsible enough so they are OK with your hobby. If you can't get to that point, you are out of luck as I don't think anyone here would disrespect your parents. There are liability issues as well.

Jörg
my parents don't like buying from the internet:( and i don't know if i reallly are going to keep on shooting with it but if i buy that much of thera band and i woul never use it again ..

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts

Jörg
my parents don't like buying from the internet:( and i don't know if i reallly are going to keep on shooting with it but if i buy that much of thera band and i woul never use it again ..
[/quote]

You can buy small peices of thera. Or maybe there are some stores near you that sell tubular bands? That would at least get you by.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like someone broke to me.Nothing is FREE no more.
Also, shipping to Belgium would be crazy HIGH.I need another automobile that runs great. Anyone got one they can send mebecause my wife won't let me buy one?
Yes you can have mine,Ooops the wife has just found out about my plans sorry mate deals off.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
boy you are having problems last time they didn't want you buying from ebay....starting to sound like they aren't into slingshots...
You were given some ideas last time you posted about this dilema, excercise bands are available at a lot of sporting goods stores, large retail stores, etc. Some people have had success with chains of rubber bands, Drug stores carry therapy bands, etc. there are many alternatives to therabands you just have to look. Trying to sneek something past your parents really isn't a great idea!!

·
6,434 Posts
Is it just the internet they will not buy from? As posted above you can get stuff to makes bands in places other thant the internet.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
As a parent myself, I try to be a part of any potentially dangerous activity my kids want to try; I'd rather oversee slingshot shooting, bonfires and such rather than first hearing about it on the 6 o'clock news. Slingshots are hard to keep kids away from as any manner of elastic material, like be exercise bands, elastic bands, balloons, etc. can be used. Nevertheless, I'm sorry, but I won't sell or give you stuff that you parents won't want you to have.

·
6,434 Posts
I guess the real question is. Do your parents just not want to buy it online? Or do they not want you to have it at all?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As a parent myself, I try to be a part of any potentially dangerous activity my kids want to try; I'd rather oversee slingshot shooting, bonfires and such rather than first hearing about it on the 6 o'clock news. Slingshots are hard to keep kids away from as any manner of elastic material, like be exercise bands, elastic bands, balloons, etc. can be used. Nevertheless, I'm sorry, but I won't sell or give you stuff that you parents won't want you to have.
they just won't let me buy from ebay because they don't trust that site

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.