Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you shoot straight up, that is to say non gangster. What do you use for a aiming point and anchor point? I assume the anchor point would change but it seems like the aiming point would not change fork to fork.

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
HEY SJA!
Long time no see! How's the training going? You ready to kick some prison guard butt yet?
When I shoot straight up, I use the tip of my nose as both an anchor and aming point but I don't like shooting that way because when a band breaks they always slap me right between the eyes.
Not only that, I always end up with bumps all over the top of my head when they come down.

Sorry,,,,,,

Couldn't resist.

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
For me, the target presents midway twixt the fork tips, just like a 45 degree hold. I'm still referencing with the frame, but now windage becomes centering, and elevation becomes the quantity of fork tip above the target. My anchor floats like Ivory soap.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HEY SJA!
Long time no see! How's the training going? You ready to kick some prison guard butt yet?
When I shoot straight up, I use the tip of my nose as both an anchor and aming point but I don't like shooting that way because when a band breaks they always slap me right between the eyes.
Not only that, I always end up with bumps all over the top of my head when they come down.

Sorry,,,,,,

Couldn't resist.
I have been shooting a lot. I promised myself that I would shoot one setup 100 times a day until I felt that I had a handle on it. Well, that lasted about two days! I'm went back to shuffling stuff around looking for the magic combination. (That d***n Skropi "use the lightest bands {that you can shoot accurately} mussed my plan up). I now have not one but three rigs going. A natural with PP's yellow bands, don't know who makes 'em. Got a PP sniper going with SS black and SS pouch. And it pains me to admit, but I have my tortured torque, handle wrapped, PP yellow bands and pouch. Needless to say, I'm not a threat with any of them. But I have two weeks and hopefully one will float to the top. I haven't given up. Going to give those guys my best effort.

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
I know what you mean. Accuracy has been evading me as well although I find when I keep the front arm braced and focus on the anchor point, I don't do too bad. If I am doing those two correct I am never to far off.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
HEY SJA!

Sorry,,,,,,

Couldn't resist.
I have been shooting a lot. I promised myself that I would shoot one setup 100 times a day until I felt that I had a handle on it. Well, that lasted about two days! I'm went back to shuffling stuff around looking for the magic combination. (That d***n Skropi "use the lightest bands {that you can shoot accurately} mussed my plan up). I now have not one but three rigs going. A natural with PP's yellow bands, don't know who makes 'em. Got a PP sniper going with SS black and SS pouch. And it pains me to admit, but I have my tortured torque, handle wrapped, PP yellow bands and pouch. Needless to say, I'm not a threat with any of them. But I have two weeks and hopefully one will float to the top. I haven't given up. Going to give those guys my best effort.
Something tells me that you'll do much better than you expect!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shoot straight up 90% of the time......anchor at the same spot.....focus on the target, not the frame, let your mind be your sight....it's a Zen thing. Read about Zen Archery.

GP
Cool GP! I'm all for Zen. Billions of Chinese can't all be wrong. Bet it takes a load of practice. Gonna try it after the big shoot out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.