Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Gesture Font Art Drawing Handwriting

This is going to take some explaining.

So, With all this talk of frameless shooting, Thought I'd give it a try.

Fig. 1...Started with a key ring and a 117B band. The idea was to slip the key ring over my pinkie, grab the bands with my bottom three fingers then go over my thumb and pointer. Bands to short...

Fig. 2...I then cut two bands and attached them to the ring. Problem there...

Fig. 3...No, I don't have six fingers. The bottom digit is the ring slipped over my pinkie. Don't know why I put a nail and joint on it. Just got drawing and couldn't stop. But anyway, by the time you grasp the bands and place them over the thumb and finger, no way are the working ends going to be the same length. So..

Fig. 4..I looped a #64 band through the ring and attached my #117Bs to it.

Grabbed a few .117BBs and stepped outside to try it. With all that rubber, I ended up shooting semi-butterfly. Pulling back until my thumb was just past my ear. The first shot, I flubbed it. The next three shots in a row I hit a soda can. From about 20 feet, no I didn't put a hole in it, but I hit it hard enough to knock it off it's perch!

This is great guys!!! I'm off in a new direction! It was sort of thrilling, and I'm going to look into this further. Gotta be a better way to hook the bands

Attachments

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Good stuff man welcome to the dark side! Here's a little tip: try using two pouches attached with two lengths of rubber. The one pouch is to wrap around the pinky the other obviously for your ammo. This method was popularized by Joey J5 Lujan and is to me one of the best methods for a key reason: it prevents the tubes or bands being drawn unevenly to your anchor. This plays havoc of course on the way the shot comes loose and will invariably result in a shot hand.

Pay super close attention to your fundamentals, take the process seriously - but don't go into the thing worried about injury or failure or your prone to have both. And lastly & to me most importantly, treat it as an exercise in mediation, at least until you've got it down pat. Focus strongly on your breathing, stance, form & release on *each* shot.

This is the path to enlightenment, good luck. ;)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff man welcome to the dark side! Here's a little tip: try using two pouches attached with two lengths of rubber. The one pouch is to wrap around the pinky the other obviously for your ammo. This method was popularized by Joey J5 Lujan and is to me one of the best methods for a key reason: it prevents the tubes or bands being drawn unevenly to your anchor. This plays havoc of course on the way the shot comes loose and will invariably result in a shot hand.

Pay super close attention to your fundamentals, take the process seriously - but don't go into the thing worried about injury or failure or your prone to have both. And lastly & to me most importantly, treat it as an exercise in mediation, at least until you've got it down pat. Focus strongly on your breathing, stance, form & release on *each* shot.

This is the path to enlightenment, good luck. ;)
Man, thanks for the advice. I will try to follow it to the letter. Not to worried about hitting my hand now that I've tried it. More worried about arthritis in the base of my thumb setting in. But until that day, onward is the direction. By the way, your video is what hooked me. I think it was the obvious delight you took in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.