Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mates, I just started getting into slingshots recently and man, did I dive into the deep end. It started with a lust of wanting to shoot the old daisy sling I had as a kid and transformed into an addiction, a good one at that. I recently started to tinker with the idea of making my own, and after doing some tinkering and modeling, have made several designs I am quiet happy with and wish to share them with everyone else once I figure out how to do it. I got into 3d printing the models I have made and been having a blast testing them out since. I tend to shoot hardened clay ammo, I like how they burst when they hit the target and even tried my hand at some pest control in my garage (old structure bigger than the house that rodents and birds like to sneak into). The people I tend to try and talk with seem to have no interest in slingshots and think I am just childish (central Ohio), but hey, that just means they are missing out. I joined a group on reddit that deals with slingshot discussion and have met some pretty nice people and have had lots of helpful information and other snippets of wisdom sent my way. I attached some of my favorite slings so far.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Welcome from Michigan, you've made a few nice little frames there!

I've shown countless people frames that I have and they are quite intrigued with them but seldom do they show interest in shooting one. Oh well, I think part of the allure is that it's not a mainstream thing.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Hey mates, I just started getting into slingshots recently and man, did I dive into the deep end. It started with a lust of wanting to shoot the old daisy sling I had as a kid and transformed into an addiction, a good one at that. I recently started to tinker with the idea of making my own, and after doing some tinkering and modeling, have made several designs I am quiet happy with and wish to share them with everyone else once I figure out how to do it. I got into 3d printing the models I have made and been having a blast testing them out since. I tend to shoot hardened clay ammo, I like how they burst when they hit the target and even tried my hand at some pest control in my garage (old structure bigger than the house that rodents and birds like to sneak into). The people I tend to try and talk with seem to have no interest in slingshots and think I am just childish (central Ohio), but hey, that just means they are missing out. I joined a group on reddit that deals with slingshot discussion and have met some pretty nice people and have had lots of helpful information and other snippets of wisdom sent my way. I attached some of my favorite slings so far.
Welcome!

Nice shooters there

Looks like your build ideas are pretty heavily influenced by a lot of my work... and that's pretty cool... if you need anything, tips, advice etc... just ask!

·
Registered
243 Posts
A fellow addict myself, and haven't been to the UK since 1962 so I can not direct you to any 12 step meetings. Look at it this way... beats the heck out of most other addictions. Caught myself the other day... well, there's no easy way to say this... caught myself gloating over my collection. 11 of them from Pocket Predator, 3 from Simple Shot, 5 board cut (Maple, Mahogany, Bamboo) and 4 natural forks. My hand made ones look positively primitive compared to your work but I'd be loath to give any of them up.

Great Work, Jacoza! AND WELCOME.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.