Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Paul Barton, aka idezilla on youtube.
I found this site only because of Mr Sprave and his inventive slingshots.

I'm married (22 yrs now) have 6 kids, 4 my own, two my wifes. Six grand-kids in various cities.

Work for XpanD Inc (www.xpandcinema.com) creating test fixtures for production of various kinds of 3D glasses.

I have made and do play Mountain Dulcimers (appalachain type), mostly French and Breton 14th century music (that was all that my teacher knew).

Chain-mail is also in my bag of tricks. Where sheet patterns are made with rings instead of colored rings.

Have made a few butterfly knives, too.

Electronics is in that bag of tricks, with several LED-Cubes of various sizes, along with an editor/player built in, wrote the software too.

For now, i'm working on a dual-shot sling-x-bow, sort of close to Mr Sprave's bullpup.
I have the left side working and just need to mount the right side mechanism.
I use CadStd to make the drawings and play with ideas (Pro version, less than $40US).

Well, now slingshots seem to be very interesting.
I shot myself in the base of my left thumb, double flatbands, trumark white marble, glancing blow.
It's still hurting but now starting to turn green, if you know what I mean.
Nothing broken, I was spared that.

Paul

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Glad to have another nut come aboard ! Welcome Paul ! Just post lots and lots of pictures please!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hi and welcome, that's an interesting range of things you have metioned, I look forward to seeing anything you have to contribute. By the way, a sense of humour is amost essential for dealing these people, I hope you will be fine.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Welcome!!!! It never ceases to amaze me all the different things everyone is in to. I play a little Mountain Dulcimer myself.
I've played 5 string banjo since I about 12 and have even taught some. Originally bluegrass but now mostly old-time frailin'/clawhammer style, Guitar, piano etc; are also in my bag of tricks. The wife, boy's and I love to play old-time music together especially during the winter time.
Such an eclectic group here.... all that to say..... you fit in well!!!!

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Welcome!!!! It never ceases to amaze me all the different things everyone is in to. I play a little Mountain Dulcimer myself.
I've played 5 string banjo since I about 12 and have even taught some. Originally bluegrass but now mostly old-time frailin'/clawhammer Guitar, piano etc; are also in my bag of tricks. The wife, boy's and I love to play old-time music together especially during the winter time.
Such an eclectic group here.... all that to say..... you fit in well!!!!
Thats pretty cool! I have been playing guitar for years and recently picked up a banjo which I am attempting to learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.