Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought i would interduce myself people call me pinky but my name is peter, ive just recently got into this sport for something me and my lad could do together and ive fallen in love with it, i havent brought a slingshot yet but hoping to get a ppmg or simalar soon, tho i have built a nice natural and in process of making a broad cut one, please leave me any feedback on my designs etc and any tips would be great.

many thanks peter

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Pete,

Welcome to the forum.

You are off to a good start.

That natural wood fork is nice , it reminds me very much of the "catties" that we made as children.

Those hand cut fork tip grooves are just screaming for bands to be attached by the old tried and true "cowhitch" method.

Teach your Youngster well and enjoy your stay on the forum.

Cheers.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Natural is looking good there brotha. I would sand the edges down a bit on the board cut to avoid any burs catching your bands. And maybe rounding it out more for a smooth and safe travel on release, my two cents. But you are off to a really good start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Welcome to the forum Pete! And also welcome to your kid! That natural frame looks awesome! Hope you're here for a long time.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Welcome from Georgia Pete, great start.....especially loving that natural as that's what I mostly make myself.
It has some great grain and coloration to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
From one Pete to another, welcome. I am sure you will enjoy this forum. ..lots of good folks willing to share their experience and advise. That is a fine looking tree fork you've got there.

Grandpa Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys many thanks for the kind words and advice, any help is always great, this is so addictive its unreal lol, what other sports/pastimes do people here do? i like my unusal sports im currently training to be a competitive arm wrestler which myself and my daughter have been doing since early july last year, hoping she will become british champion in a few years time but at only 11 has a long way to go lol, i hope you all have a great day/night many thanks again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts