Slingshots Forum banner

Hi from Derbyshire (UK)

899 views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  hoggy 
#1 ·
Just thought i'd say hi as I will be lurking about doing a fair bit of reading :ph34r:

Recently while going through a box of assorted J.I.C's i've had knocking about for donkeys years, I found an old black widow knock off I had when I was many years younger than I am now.

Even though the tubing was predictably knackered, and the arm rest seemed to have miraculously narrowed over the years as it was now far tighter on my arm than I remember ;) I decided it was worth keeping to repair it for my youngest son to use (under supervision), something i'm in the process of doing at the moment.

This led me to wondering if I could build myself a decent slingshot, I have the tools (I think), but what I don't have is the know how, something that became abundantly clear when I ordered up a set of cheap replacement pouches that I could use for my sons repair job, and what arrived was about a third of the size of the original, which upon doing some reading seems to be about right.

So that's why i'm here, total newb probably trying to run before he can walk but hey, why break the habit of a lifetime :p

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.