Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

These are made from some steel wire and office rubberbands daisy chained (3 bands at the forks, 3 doubles,3 singles)
ammo is green jamaican cherries. I ran out of steel shot.

cost=zero
fun factor=priceless.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
I like your slingshots and a big hearty welcome to the forum !

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Awesome and Welcome!!!! "Fun Factor = Priceless!!!" So true!!!

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Hello from a shameless chained rubber band partisan. I love the do-it-yourself attitude of your slingshots. I also hope you can get out and kill some of those stupid imported brown snakes that are wiping out all your native birds with them.

In a pinch, the cheap marbles sold for a dollar a bag work great with the chains. They smack stuff pretty well and are much cheaper than steel. When you are ready to get serious you should try lead round balls.

Speaking from experience, marbles will do the job quite well on snakes that are where they shouldn't be.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Welcome!

You have found by chance a great bunch of people here, with a fantastic attitude towards the positive, respect towards one another and open handed helpfulness.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having a lot of fun so far. Just from feel, these poorboys shoot a bit faster than my crosman copperhead wire and plastic slingshot with red tapered tubes.
And the pull is so smooth and easy.

one of these days I will set up the chrony and shoot some balls over it. right now I would probably kill the crony by friendly fire.

I have been shooting at a 96 gallon trashcan and it might as well be a 12 oz can. let alone a brown tree snake
I'll look into the marbles.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those slingshots are great! I wish I could make some steel ones.
I used a large table vise, 2 ea 5/16 dia bolts with heads cut off, a vise grip.

stick the 2 bolts in the vise upright like the number 11, space them close as the width of the wire you are bending (tip, use the wire as a feeler gage) then vise grip the tops of the bolts together to keep them from spreading. take your time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.