Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i recieved more blue "theraband" from a supposedly different chinese supplier on ebay, and its format or finish is exactly the same as before....cut 22 to 08mm over 290mm long, single each side produces 103.6 m/s with 8mm steel...2 bands each side produces max 90.3 m/s....not a chance in hell of getting my speeds up to 125 m/s plus....
so my question is this.....how does the writing on an original theraband loook like.
on this band its printed diagonally from low left 45 deg up to high right these words....6 lined motif, then capital letters..theraband with a small round logo high up on the D.
under that heading,it says, "at theraband.com/safety,and this line is underlined.
it looks un original and copied but i have no experience of a supposed original.
The only clue i have is a fine study of "torstens"bands....i froze the youtube film of his at the correct time to study his bands and see that indeed his bands have the diagonal writing too but ONLY ONE LINE !!
so i suspect that although my 300fps is reasnoble, theres no way im ever going to get up to his speeds with this supplier.
torsten was shooting 450fps (137 m/s)...so im 50% slower for f sake !!!.
my accuracy over 50 meters improves dramatically with the higher speeds,and is great fun...i havnt tried gzk or precise bands yet as i dont know how to get the originals, or if i should just bin ebay and start over...one things for sure though,im going to crack this 150m/s barrier somehow
i cant find how to upliad photos here, do i need the full app version to be able to upload ?...
please offer any tips you can as im suffering from the torsten syndrome heavily !!!
cheers...alpmouse

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
The people at Theraband finally caught on to SlingWorlds use of their product and were not amused. So they tinkered with the formula and made it less useful to our needs. The Chinese are making theirs with slingshooting as the primary purpose of the product. Lots of variety and great products. Who needs Theraband?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts