Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new here cant believe ive not found this site before . i jus thought id show a few shooters ive made

the first are a couple of pocket poachers made from 8mm thick alluminium sheet cut out by hand with angle grinders and drills ect ideal for putting in your pocket when going for a walk . the green one is one i made for someone with standard barnett bands the purpley one is one i made for myself with theraband gold flat bands and is scarerely accurate and powerfull Photos 035.jpg

the other other is my favourite a oak handled pult with 8mm bar set in the forks fitted with tubes a buffalo horn tip on the bottom a red cord handle grip and a theakson black bull pewter badge to finish it off Photos 030.jpg tell me wot ya think critisism and praise all welcome thanks. grant

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I like them custom made shooters! Very cool!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As far as your slingshots go, they're incredible. Both of the aluminum shooters look sleek, sophisticated (And sexy). The wooden handled slingshot also looks fantastic. If I were you, I'd be proud to own them.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
The one with a bull motif reminds me of one I saw on another forum. If you recognise my username, drop me a PM.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Very nice job Grant!! -- Tex

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
Good job Grant! I like the Aluminum work!
Flatband

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nice! I especially like the oak one. Are the pieces of metal (aluminum I'm guessing) epoxied into the oak?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! I especially like the oak one. Are the pieces of metal (aluminum I'm guessing) epoxied into the oak?
hey there . they are 8 mm bolts with the heads cut-off and bent in the vice so i actually tapped the wood then epoxied them for strength i didn't want them flying back out at me , that would be nasty

·
Registered
778 Posts
Nice shooters

hey there . they are 8 mm bolts with the heads cut-off and bent in the vice so i actually tapped the wood then epoxied them for strength i didn't want them flying back out at me , that would be nasty
[/quote]

·
Registered
855 Posts
they are 8 mm bolts with the heads cut-off and bent in the vice so i actually tapped the wood then epoxied them for strength i didn't want them flying back out at me , that would be nasty
That's what I was wondering about. Sounds like they're in there good and secure. Thanks for the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts