Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
my name is Dawid. I was born in Poland, when i was a little boy i migrated abroad, now living since 20 years in North Germany. I am intrested in almost everything, working as programmer, but also doing some analogue stuff in spare time :). Have wife and son, not much spare time. I would like to gain experience in slingshots and slingshot shooting, thats why i registered here. Of course i also would like to win Jörg Sprave's uniqe Cougar! It would be a big honor for me. I was shooting much when i was a young boy, maybe 6-8 years old. My father made me a small slingshot out of a branch and attached bicycle tube to it. It was a wonderful time, i was shooting much at bottles and chicken at my grandma's farm. After a long time i stumbled on Jörg Sprave's Channel on YouTube, the memory came back into my mind. I bought rubber on eBay and made two Slingshots out of wood:

This was my first Slingshot, it was out of cheap wood and it broke after some days after i hammered around on it :) :

I don't have much tools for dealing with wood so it looked a bit clumpy (**** Jig Saw :))

This is my last slingshot, i wanted to make a small one, the size similar when i was a young boy, but not out of branch but multiplex wood:

This is polished and finished with gloss paint, much more tougher than the wood i used before. A perfect slingshot for 8mm steal balls! I love it, it is so small and handy (6,7 x 10,8cm), but still strong enough to shoot a bird. Shooting with slingshots is the perfect way to calm down for me. And of course its very funny :).

Now i am waiting for something reveresed, a big, tough and beautiful slingshot, like the Cougar of Jörg Sprave!

cya. greetings to all slingshot junkies out there.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very Nice Introduction!!! Welcome!!!! It is quite calming just to go and shoot. It has the same feel relaxation wise as shooting archery. Of course one can always "kick it up a notch" by shooting cans, glass, etc; anything that makes noise and shatters if you get bored!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.