Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here is my newest finished slingshot. I ordered some wood samples and found some great wood begging to be made into a slingshot. I created this design myself in Inkscape. Next I cut out my hickory frame and sanded it down with some sandpaper. I cut and 3/4" thick piece of rosewood and split it with a handsaw. Next I sanded half my life away on those too pieces and glued them on to the frame. Shaped with a dremel sanding and #115 bits. Sanded smooth with sandpaper and soaked in linseed oil for 24 hours. I will coat in beeswax at some point

Hope you guys like it! I have a better version of this soaking in linseed now

Hand Vertebrate Wood Textile Mammal
Vertebrate Wood Mammal Cap Finger
Wood Comfort Tints and shades Pattern Hardwood
Arm Eye Leg Comfort Human body
Hand Wood Finger Musical instrument Natural material
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Pattern Close-up

I call it - The Mini Beast

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
looks very nice solid, some pointers, if you can use contrasting background to better show the frame also if you can take a photo of the frame in hand so we get better ideas of how big it is................................ how else can we copy it?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
yeah! she's a real beauty, nice contrast between the frame and swell, looks like you have a new hobby! good job my friend

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! This is one of my favorite one - however i might change my mind once this other one comes out of soaking

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Cool, I like that shape!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts