Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here is my newest finished slingshot. I ordered some wood samples and found some great wood begging to be made into a slingshot. I created this design myself in Inkscape. Next I cut out my hickory frame and sanded it down with some sandpaper. I cut and 3/4" thick piece of rosewood and split it with a handsaw. Next I sanded half my life away on those too pieces and glued them on to the frame. Shaped with a dremel sanding and #115 bits. Sanded smooth with sandpaper and soaked in linseed oil for 24 hours. I will coat in beeswax at some point

Hope you guys like it! I have a better version of this soaking in linseed now

IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

I call it - The Mini Beast

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
looks very nice solid, some pointers, if you can use contrasting background to better show the frame also if you can take a photo of the frame in hand so we get better ideas of how big it is................................ how else can we copy it?

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
yeah! she's a real beauty, nice contrast between the frame and swell, looks like you have a new hobby! good job my friend

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! This is one of my favorite one - however i might change my mind once this other one comes out of soaking

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Cool, I like that shape!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts