Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a hickory tree up rooted by a recent tornado in Oklahoma while on vacation and cut a few forks from it. I went out to the shop today and made this one. Thanks to some rubber from Baumstamm, I was able to rig it with Theraband gold. So thank you very much Baumstamm. It's tied off with six inches from knot to knot.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Perfect size and shape, Smit.
You guys who live in areas where there are lots of trees have it made (in the shade, I might add).

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice fork, Smitty. And hickory is pretty unbreakable, too.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That Smitty luck, first time that I see a natural fork of walnut. you had left splendid.

Chepo

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much guys, I was wondering if I might have overworked it a bit. It feels pretty good when I shoot it.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice one, hope my rubber isn´t to long?
Rubber was fine, I just rigged it to shoot like a bat out of ****. I think the ammo hits the target before I let go of the pouch ! Your pouches are fantastic too ! I also love the slingshots you sent to me when we traded. They show a lot of thought in the design. I'm gonna copy the black one here soon. I call it my ninja slingshot.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you sand it flat like a boardcut?
I have a power planer, so the first thing I did was plane down both sides till flat, then I used my scrollsaw to cut the shape out of the natural fork. I know...I should have used just my pocket knife, but I am spoiled.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Being Hickory it should last forever!!!! Nice Job!!!

·
2,153 Posts
Thanks Pallan. I wanted to get a truck load of those hickory tree forks, but they had the bulldozers out pushing it all away. I had to hurry because we didn't have time and all I had was my leatherman saw. A good saw, but a little short on the length.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very, very, very nice fork. I like the idea to use a natural to make a "boardcut".

My leatherman even got no saw! so be lucky

1 - 18 of 18 Posts