Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the first finished slingshot from my recent trade with Harson. I traded him a slingshot I made for a couple of raw forks. Both arrived and were nice and chunky, giving me some room to work.
This is something a little different for me. I spent alot of time on the handle shape, removing alot from the grip and shaped the lower forks for good bracing. I left it very tall because I want it for shooting rocks and I like to keep my fingers out of the way. I left the handle long for "balance". It's very large but well proportioned and a good shooter. As good as any rock shooter is for me, anyway.
The bands are half-doubled DubDub tubes. They're like slingshot weight training! They're a stout draw but really fling the rocks well. The fork is not finished yet because all I have is poly and superglue and neither seems appropriate. The grain is lovely and delicate and I don't want to cover it up. Right now it sort of feels like the handle of a baseball bat, which is pretty cool

Wood Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial plant Grass

Hand Thumb Finger Gesture Plant

Attachments

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put some #64 333 chains on this one and actually like it alot better. They're probably not as fast but a normal human being can draw them back more than a couple times.
And they're soooo quiet! You should try them out just for that fact alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.