Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
If you learn to use it, a good tree fork will shoot as good as any and it is free. A piece of broken glass will scrape it to a fine finish and a little bee's wax will give it a hand rubbed finish. A scrap piece of leather, such as a shoe tongue for pouch and all you have to buy is the rubber. Smooth round rocks from the creek make good ammo. No you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good shooter. -- Tex

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
The $6 slingshot I got from wal mart is actually the one I am most accurate with.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That is the fascinating thing with slingshots... very cheap homemade slingshots will do a great job, but for those who got the bug, there are limitless variations.

G

·
it is true,for example ,professional tennis player just take very old and heavier wooden racket and compete with you ,he still wins ,why?because his skill is better than yours,skill is the most important ,then kits.

but in super professional competition ,many sportsmen still wear higher price sports clothes with expensive sports kits which includes many technology,because maybe 0.001 second difference will win or lose in competition,
if it is so,higer technologic kits will help you too much.this is why no professional players take a very old and heavier wooden racket and go to take part in professional competition .

Auto-gear car costs higher than manual ,but it will give beginner too much help,cz high technology helps you .

it is the same that slingshot frame with good design gives the shooters much help as well.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
While skill is most important, I shoot better with some slingshots than others. Compared to some golfers who'd happily pay a thousand bucks for a better driver and putter, let alone all the rest of the clubs in a golf bag, plus balls and various bits a couple of Jefferson's for a decent slingshot's no great outlay.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
There are some expensive ones (Saunders Pro) that I find to be more accurate. That is probably because I am not as experienced as some. I imagine that as I get better the difference will be less noticeable.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked this question because I still feel like I need an edge. I appreciate the experienced advice. BUt, if you guys would have said otherwise I would have to spring for the best.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts