Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am right handed ( holding slingshot in my left) I anchor in the corner of my mouth and sight off of the tip of the top fork shooting gangster style.

I find that I hit consistently 4 inches to the right of the target. My grouping is pretty solid at 10-15 yards. Just 4 inches to the right. I was considering putting a bit of coat hanger on my slingshot to go out to where I need to aim off of to make up that gap. But before I put an ugly wire on there I want to get some informed opinions.

What say you?

Msturm

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I would check and make sure your right eye is directly on top of your bands. Sounds to me like it's to far over your bands.

Try straightening up your head to bring your dominant back a bit, or try anchoring with you thumb under your cheek bone.

I think either one of those should bring your shots to centre.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome...all these guys said anything I could have thought of.

I have used too much thumb, leaned way over the bands, etc...

Remember to have fun and it's a process. You are already consistent and that is way more than half way there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Got it dialed in! Hitting my little 2 inch target about 6 out of 10 times and those that miss are very close. I have shot so much it is hard to pinch the pouch at full draw. Time for a break. It will come in more tomorrow. Thanks for the great advice. Turns out I was twisting the pouch a bit so I put the tip of my pointer finger in the corner of my mouth at anchor now and really focus on moving the slingshot inline with my face, not moving my face inline with the slingshot. Thanks a bunch guys.

I feel like I really had a jump start on this slingshot thing from hunting with a trad bow for many years. Similar draw cycle, same anchor point nearly identical sighting system, focus etc. what a great little addition to the small game hunting bag of tools!

No worries Mars, the slingshot remains unblemished!

You guys rock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts