Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Ok what can I say, I got a package in the mail today and I'm happier than a hog in ****....
Pete at Hogan Casting sent me a gift for some help I gave him, ( I personally don't think it was worth it but who am I to argue) anyway not only did he send me a brass Milbro Reproduction complete with traditional square bands but he also sent me a aluminum Milbro style slingshot with a chubby handle....I just got home from the mailbox and wanted to say thanks and tell you guys that these are both real quality pieces that I am honored to own, they go right up there with my pocket shooter from Flatband which says a lot about how highly I prize these. Would love to take them out and do some shooting today but my shoulder is acting up, but believe me as soon as I can I will be trying them out big time...So thanks a lot Pete you made my day.
Here's a picture I snapped real quick, days like these make me wish I had a good camera.

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
My gawd, Harper -- those are gorgeous! I would be jealous, but they couldn't have gone to a better guy, one who will appreciate them properly.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tell you I've been carrying them around with me since I got them I'm hoping in the next day or two my shoulder will allow me to take some shots. Those square bands have some pull to them let me tell ya, but in my mind a Milbo needs square bands. The little aluminum shooter I'll probably put small tubes on for plinking...
There's nothing like the feel of a vintage design.

·
Super Moderator
6,504 Posts
I agree Bill,could not have gone to a better guy who really appreciates the vintage frames. Have fun Scott!!! Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
A brief update yesterday I thought my shoulder was up to a little shooting, first off I was wrong and paying for it today.
To start with the Milbro repro is really nice but very different from what I am used to, the narrow and short forks had me worried at first but turned out not to be a issue. It's going to take some time before I can hit anything on a consistent basis, at least alot more than the dozen or so shots I was able to put through it.(that has to do with my lack of skill not any down falls in the slingshot) I also have to give it up for anyone that can pull those square bands on a regular basis even if my shoulder wasn't F'd up I doubt that would be able to shoot it for any extended period of time, but I do love the look of them.. Over all it is a great little slingshot and as a reproduction of a vintage slingshot it's right up my alley. Great work Pete..and thanks.

As for the little aluminum shooter that thing is a real hoot,I put some Chinese tubes on it, which aren't really ideal but it's all I have on hand right now. With the thick handle and the light pull on the bands I was hitting pretty regularly with it at about 20 ft, lots of fun and another winner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts