Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is NOT about my slingshot -- you have all heard enough about that one!

This is a plug for Hogan's Casting. Flatband's slingshots from them yesterday were just perfect, weren't they?
Well, I got something in the mail yesterday, too. I liked the bronze casting they did for me so much, I asked them to do another in black aluminum. And here's what they did:

Gary is right. Hogan Castings rocks!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
very cool...great looking fork.

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Oh Wow,they can do wooden repro's too! That came out great Bill! I wonder about Epoxy resin frames? I'm thinking a Boler repro in Aluminum (Black). Now that would be something. The Boler was one of my favorites and some of it's features were incorporated into my Ergo design. Go Hogan and Sons! Flatband

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary, I looked it up and wanted to post a couple of pics:

I think that would be awesome!

Tell me, how is the Boler to shoot with?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I have both left and right hand Bolers. I don't think that the orginal patent mentions band type, but I think that they were originally a flat band slingshots from one of the old ads I saw. At any rate they shoot great with flat bands. They are heavy slingshots being made of solid resin. Here is a link for the original patent info. - Tex
http://www.google.com/patents?id=frhiAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=3,

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cast in aluminum they would be light slingshots, do you think that would be an improvement, Tex?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi Everone just got back from a few day on holiday. Does not matter what the slingshot is made from we can cast you a first class repo of it in what ever metal you wish. we will not copey it for enyone els unless you give us the permision to do so.
I have been trying to bild up a stock of vintage models and will be bringing them out when the web site is up and running.Did a good job for Dayhiker so lets help you ??
all the best
and keep hunting
HOGANCASTINGS

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Wow, the ergonomics look exactly like The Core or The Heretic.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi Tex
Would you be so kind as to lone US the LEFT and RIGHT hand BOLERS you own so we can take a copey from them?
For your part in this project we will cast for you 2 x BOLERS in what ever metal you like from our range.The original Bolers will be returned to you with the cast REPOS hope you are willing to help in this progect.THANKYOU FROM ALL @ HOGAN CASTINGS UK (Pete)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts