Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t you love it when you pick out a cool Natty branch and about 20 minutes in find one if these holes in it that goes on for who knows how far? Amazing what a little bug can do to solid oak.
Wood Trunk Tree Terrestrial plant Twig

I shined a flashlight down there and it looks like it just goes on forever. Maybe I’d be better off making a pipe this point? lol.

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,591 Posts
Don’t you love it when you pick out a cool Natty branch and about 20 minutes in find one if these holes in it that goes on for who knows how far? Amazing what a little bug can do to solid oak. View attachment 379976
I shined a flashlight down there and it looks like it just goes on forever. Maybe I’d be better off making a pipe this point? lol.
Pour some molten metal in there haha

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A circle/hole is nothing more than a couple of arches set on top of each other and we all know how strong arches are! It probably doesn't weaken the fork at all. Why don't you try something no on has thought of before and fill it with some epoxy and turquoise powder:oops: for an accent? You might start a trend;)
Good point on the arches. At this point it looks like it might end up being more epoxy than wood. Eh, what the hell, think I’ve got an old two part syringe around here lol.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I say make it a pipe, then you can be just like Portboy🤣
Lol ahh I just ended up chucking it back in the box and grabbing a different fork. Fortunately brother Skarrd sent me quite a few a while back to mess around with. Not that there might not be some glowy epoxy or molten lead in its future at some point. 😉
Darrell recommended some nice rasps to me so they’ll be plenty fun to be had as time goes on.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Lol ahh I just ended up chucking it back in the box and grabbing a different fork. Fortunately brother Skarrd sent me quite a few a while back to mess around with. Not that there might not be some glowy epoxy or molten lead in its future at some point. 😉
Darrell recommended some nice rasps to me so they’ll be plenty fun to be had as time goes on.
Fun limiter

1 - 20 of 39 Posts