Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
Lol I spent a good 3 minutes over here trying to figure out how best to respond 馃槅.
That鈥檚 we call the wife lol . Your having to much fun time go home . Slow down haha joking with you
Funny story I cut branch in half so was dusty. I hit it compressed air pieces worm flying. Felt something wet hit me gross worms 馃悰.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That鈥檚 we call the wife lol . Your having to much fun time go home . Slow down haha joking with you
Funny story I cut branch in half so was dusty. I hit it compressed air pieces worm flying. Felt something wet hit me gross worms 馃悰.
Oh, gotchya. That鈥檚 definitely pretty gross too lol

SLING-N-SHOT
Don鈥檛 you love it when you pick out a cool Natty branch and about 20 minutes in find one if these holes in it that goes on for who knows how far? Amazing what a little bug can do to solid oak. View attachment 379976
I shined a flashlight down there and it looks like it just goes on forever. Maybe I鈥檇 be better off making a pipe this point? lol.
Ryan, don鈥檛 let a few little bug holes stop you in your bug tracks, lol.

Not sure if you recall the Redbud fork I posted some time back, but it had tons of holes.
The smaller ones I filled with turquoise craft sand thoroughly soaked with CA glue, and the larger ones I filled with wood shavings soaked in Titebond2 wood glue, packed and compressed with a 1/4鈥 dowel rod over multiple applications till it was solid again.

Turned out very solid and one of the most amazingly grained forks I鈥檝e done to date, so don鈥檛 give up brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ryan, don鈥檛 let a few little bug holes stop you in your bug tracks, lol.

Not sure if you recall the Redbud fork I posted some time back, but it had tons of holes.
The smaller ones I filled with turquoise craft sand thoroughly soaked with CA glue, and the larger ones I filled with wood shavings soaked in Titebond2 wood glue, packed and compressed with a 1/4鈥 dowel rod over multiple applications till it was solid again.

Turned out very solid and one of the most amazingly grained forks I鈥檝e done to date, so don鈥檛 give up brother.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Boy that sure did come out pretty too, didn鈥檛 it?! Okay, I鈥檒l put the holey fork back on the work tray. 馃槉

SLING-N-SHOT
Boy that sure did come out pretty too, didn鈥檛 it?! Okay, I鈥檒l put the holey fork back on the work tray.
Tks Ryan,good man鈥..can鈥檛 wait to see the final result.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

Registered
Don鈥檛 you love it when you pick out a cool Natty branch and about 20 minutes in find one if these holes in it that goes on for who knows how far? Amazing what a little bug can do to solid oak. View attachment 379976
I shined a flashlight down there and it looks like it just goes on forever. Maybe I鈥檇 be better off making a pipe this point? lol.
One option is to use crystal epoxy resin. You can buy it on Amazon for cheap. It is pourable and sandable. You could fill the hole and even coat or soak the entire fork.

Or you could just scrap it and start again馃槃

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
One option is to use crystal epoxy resin. You can buy it on Amazon for cheap. It is pourable and sandable. You could fill the hole and even coat or soak the entire fork.

Or you could just scrap it and start again馃槃
Thanks. Yeah I have some of that resin around here actually. I鈥檓 probably getting a little over excited about a bug hole but the 鈥榦le Inner Child was having a blast seeing where all the tunneling led so I honored it lol. I鈥檒l try and think of something creative to do with the fork and more than likely I鈥檒l fill it with some of that resin. I have a few pigments I can mix in too. I thought about immortalizing that grub in resin but he more appropriately got immortalized into the trash can.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
side note-the ScrotumFangs dont seem to like the crepe myrtle,but DANG the Love the pecan more than the oak,,,,
I鈥檒l keep that in mind. I haven鈥檛 gotten into the Crepe Myrtle yet. I was trying to remember what you said the other stuff was. I remember pecan (which this could actually be now that I look at it) but I鈥檝e forgotten the other one. Thank you again though I鈥檓 having a good time with it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Personally if I end up with a fork that's going to require extensive work to save or is going to require a special trip to the hardware, I'll toss it and start on another. Lucky for me, forks are not hard to come by. Good luck.
I hear ya Jake. That鈥檚 one thing I wish we had more of around where I live are trees. We have trees out in New Mexico but within about a 30 mile radius of me I鈥檇 have an easier time making slingshots out of cow crap and car parts. Fortunately Skarrd had sent me these forks to mess around with a while back. This one with the holes in it was kind of a fun aside though. Never thought there鈥檇 be a cave system inside lol.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts