Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put some of the thera bands on the A+ slingshot I had shipped as replacements with the slingshot. Dude .. those things are DEADLY! I love it.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I just put some of the thera bands on the A+ slingshot I had shipped as replacements with the slingshot. Dude .. those things are DEADLY! I love it.
Amazing huh??? Glad you like my Ultra Bands!!! They still wake me up in the morning too!!!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Perry, I like that you offer bands of different types of elastic. It makes for a different feel and suits most tastes. What about butterfly shooters? Have you considered cutting some long bands in a thinner Thera-band?

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Hi guys. Would Theraband yellow be theraband gold or are they two different products ?
Yes, I believe the yellow is much thinner and generally not suitable for slingshots.

·
Super Moderator
5,159 Posts
Hi guys. Would Theraband yellow be theraband gold or are they two different products ?
They are definitely different. Yellow is the second-weakest Theraband with tan being the weakest. Gold is the heaviest. Yellow is fine for a young kid's first slingshot. I started my 10 year old grandson at 9 inches of yellow, cut back to 8 after a week, and soon to go to 7. It also works great in a 4 tube configuration, pulling about the same as green 2 tube, but with what seems to me to be higher velocity.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Perry, I like that you offer bands of different types of elastic. It makes for a different feel and suits most tastes. What about butterfly shooters? Have you considered cutting some long bands in a thinner Thera-band?
Hey Dan,
I have been considering it.... I'm working on templates I cut from now.... PM me if you have some favorite butterfly band formulas as I am still deciding which one I like. I will be offering at least one on my website soon.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Two different thicknesses man. I would recommend gold even for target shooting, its what most guys use when it comes to theraband. The gold lasts the longest due to its thickness and is a lot less of a hassle when attaching to pouch and forks.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I have no issue with the UltraPower bands as far as pull weight and the performance - they are Awesome!
A recent shoulder blowout has had me using single band sets. If you aren't absolutely needing all out hunting power... those single golds are definitely a winner.

pssst Perry ...Thera*Black* hint hint wink wink nudge nudge ya know what i mean know what i mean huh huh?

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a ps1. But I also never get fork hits. The next one I order may be a ps2. The ultra power bands are pretty rugged but you could probably manage. Like Perry said get both and then decide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts