Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK got some air dry clay at hobby store, made bout 150 balls/ammo
for around $4.00, after I get onto it will be a fraction of the cost. Should be less than one cent easily.
Shot them today out of different shooters, they work real good out to about 30 yards then ??? who knows, but for general messing around fun and you don't need to save them unless you just want to.
Penetration is very poor, at close range will go thru cardboard, the weight of 1/2 in. clay ball is just about identical to 5/16 steel ball=34 grains or thereabouts, the clay is available in around 600 colors at least, i used white-can see it real good as to where your'e shooting, Think I'm gonna make some more of them, it's fun too, until theyre real hard they bounce all over the place, don't hurt anything, just bounce bout like a ball-Cool

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Your idea to use white is very clever.

At danny's suggestion, I've been shooting indoors with steel ball bearings. They're pretty old and the tarnished patina shows up well against the white walls.

I wonder if red or day glow orange or pink would be a good universal colour.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
I already tried with potter's clay, it take about a day (24) dry, it has a good weight. works very well for target shooting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts