Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,761 Posts
About 10 years back, I went through a sling bow craze. I built many and bought a few, but the one I always settled on and shot the best for me was just a simple OPFS. You can shoot balls or arrows without changing a single thing. Replace your arrow knock with golf tees and your golden. Great for hunting. See a squirrel, use a steel ball, see a bunny, use an arrow..........or just a steel ball lol.

· Premium Member
3,761 Posts
My final one I made i made the handle portion a little larger and put a palm swell similar the a recurve bow, so it made it almost a hammer grip. Then made the forks just a touch wider so the band tied wouldn't interfere with the arrow. But no deeper, the original depth of the V is perfect to rest the arrow in.

I just liked this one for me because you could go from shooting arrows to balls/rocks with zero modifying your setup. Sure if your shooting 300 grain arrows you will be over powered with 3/8 steel. But I liked that you don't have to fiddle with a whisker biscuit, or remove some gimmicky rest. Definitely not for everyone. But that's just what worked for me. Hope this helps, or sparks and idea!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.