Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Dose any one here use the hammer from ss what are your thoughts on that sling

it's better to die for the world than live for one's self
I do not but one of these days I'm going to spend the 265 bucks and get the whole modular setup. Everything included. Sling bow attachments and all that jazz. I'm no good for letting you know how good it is but right now it's my drool over item.
That being said there are a few companies that I've run into selling similar setups but Nathan Masters comes off as a nice dude and I want to support local business. Knowing my luck he'll come out with the aluminum limited edition version 3 days after I buy it . To me it reminds me of the famous 80's movies, action hero, weapon check laid out on the ratty hotel bed montage.
But I've blabbered enough . I'd be curious to hear the opinion of an ACTUAL owner too. Could be a POS?

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
I tried one of the slimmed down Hammer bundles that included a wrist brace but now the whole bundle. It was very well made and all. What I figured out is that the hammer grip isn't my favorite. I think for someone who likes a hammer grip, and especially for anyone who wants options like a wrist brace or arrow rest, it is probably a great piece.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I own and regularly shoot the Hammer.

As the last of the unabashed hammer grip shooters, I also have a Pocket Predator SERE, a Saunders Falcon X, an A+ Slingshots Kit Fox, a Rambone 2.0, and some wire framed slingshots. Although not technically a hammer grip, I also have a Saunders Wing - which is designed to be shot with an open grip, like a wrist-rocket.

For the Hammer, I have both the LT and XT forks and an XT grip. The LT fork uses Ocularis plugs. I really like the plugs. The fork gap is too narrow for me (I shoot way high with it). The XT fork has a wider gap and is spot on for me. The Hammer is a Mark Seljan design and just looks cool. I find that I prefer to wrap and tuck instead of the flip clips.

Overall the Hammer is sturdy. I also like that the wrist brace folds and uses webbing instead of plastic. It is a big slingshot - which I also prefer.

I arrived here from archery. I have not spent the time necessary to tune the slingsbow option. If I want to shoot an arrow, I grab my bow.

You may want to check out Saunders' Falcon X and Wing, as well as Pocket Predator's SERE. Also consider that you can put flat bands on a wire framed slingshot from Daisy, Barnett, or Marksman.

Ultimately, I am as accurate w/ the Hammer as my other hammer grip slingshots. However, I am capable of the same accuracy with a Marksman 3040 (wrist rocket) with a good set of flat bands. Here is what Bill Hays of Pocket Predator says about wire-framed slingshots "You may already own one of the most accurate slingshots ever made... all you need to do is attach the right bands! You see, the old "bomb proof" metal rod frames are fine, it's the big obnoxious hard to shoot tubes and pouch that are the problem, that's what makes them so hard to shoot .

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Ultimately, I am as accurate w/ the Hammer as my other hammer grip slingshots. However, I am capable of the same accuracy with a Marksman 3040 (wrist rocket) with a good set of flat bands. Here is what Bill Hays of Pocket Predator says about wire-framed slingshots "You may already own one of the most accurate slingshots ever made... all you need to do is attach the right bands! You see, the old "bomb proof" metal rod frames are fine, it's the big obnoxious hard to shoot tubes and pouch that are the problem, that's what makes them so hard to shoot .
Getting flat bands on one of my old wrist rocket frames is on my to do list. Sadly that list is pretty long. I keep adding the clamps to the cart when I am ordering from PP, but always decide to wait until next time. So many things to try..... Someday I'll have a go at this one.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just use wrap and tuck - easier on a wrist rocket than an ergo. In fact - that is how I learned to wrap and tuck.

Reactions: KawKan and hoggy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.