Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, here's my first video (of my brother Pinkynukka) showing us his most recent creation. Nothing nearly as nice as many of the works seen on the site, but it's a simple design we figured everyone could try out. Hope you guys like our Hook & Ball sling shot.

Available in HD!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Pictures will be up soon, we have a variety of handles on the ones we've made so far

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Good job with making a slingshot with readily available materials.

At first sight I thought, wow! here is something custom, bent metal, with some bright handle material shaped into a ball. Which it is, custom, but goes to show, custom doesn't mean overly involved, just harmonizing materials that produce a workable and in your case appealing result. The bouncy ball adds a "pop" of color. Love it!

Let others do the work of crafting most of the material and you just put it together. Bravo !!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice. Very creative. Looks like it shoots good too.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Love the ball idea. It fills the palm void really well. Good speed with those straps too!
Flatband

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Very inventive and great use of ready materials. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Thanks Guys! WHat an overwhelming (positive) response. I was sure SOMEONE was going to say "you're gonna kill yourself w/ that!" or "duh, i've been making that since I was 5..."

Obviously, the ball can easily be substituted by other handles, anything you can think of- really. I've got one w/ a ergo clay handle (pictured), which is just as easy to make. I'm also cuttin an old banister from my stairs, and turning that into a handle for the same storage hook setup. More youtube videos to follow!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Adapt , improvise and overcome ! Very resourceful !! Great job ..

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I like it. That sure beats the heck out of carving the same shape out of oak (or forging it)!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts