Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saying the difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys, must
not apply to my fun factor, shooting a new ultra cheap frame, my first side shooter.
Some molded hpde from China arrived today as a test to see if side shooter feels good in my left hand, it does. Forks are a bit narrow for my sighting but will add a fiber optic reference and all will be well. I will add, as a Christian find myself praying when I shoot thinking of the guys on the forum here, that in itself is fantastic!
Maybe I really am a boy at heart even though becomming an older
man, again thx to all here who
make it happen, bless you!
ukj

·
Registered
957 Posts
Great story! I too have embraced that I am just a boy with toys at age 50. At least I don't have toys like motorcycles and jet skis and that sort of stuff. I have blow guns and slingshots that are much cheaper and for me an ultimate blast to do daily. Can't wait till I'm strong enough to shoot my 40 lb bow again will give it till next month before I try. Still getting the strength in my hand back for my slingshot since I was only shooting 4.2 lb of draw weight and now I'm up to 7 pounds to get my strength back. Getting better, I can shoot about 20 shots before my muscles in my hand really start hurting from pinching the pouch. But when I started 2 weeks ago I can only shoot 10 before my hand would be throbbing in pain so I will be happy with 20 shots today.

Cheers

·
Registered
509 Posts
Slingshots are good therapy. I’m recovering from a severe illness and have 2 herniated discs in my lower back that cause constant sciatica. Shooting has played a big part in helping me take my mind off of the pain. Learning about all the aspects involved in slingshots has been tremendously helpful too and brought back a certain level of joy to my life that I lost for a long time.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Great to hear, I have a similar story and I can attest to the therapy of slingshot. And in my worst days a blow gun since I couldn't stand more than a couple minutes and definitely couldn't stand steady. The blowgun I could sit and it took much less energy and gave me something take my mind off at. Shooting stun darts in a sling shot catch box is pretty awesome.

Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
There's just something about it - you either "get it or you don't" - I've tried to get a few active pistol shooters into it, but they seem to have little interest. To me it's just the personal satisfaction I get out of punching targets that I gravitate to... and the fact, I can do it in my basement and don't have to drive to the pistol range

·
Registered
44 Posts
Being a US citizen and collector of guns, vintage recurve bows and slingshots, I have to say, slingshots are the cheapest to shoot and arguably the most fun.
I also appreciate the fact that slingshots are socially accepted & legal almost everywhere in the world, unlike guns.
The fact that there are slingshot fanatics like myself in the UK, EU, India, Australia, Asia, Africa, South America and elsewhere is intriguing. The connection we all share and mutual respect gives me hope for the future.
It's an amazingly simple and fun sport, whether cutting cans or hunting small game, birds and pests, we all share a common bond.
It's a good feeling knowing I could go anywhere in the world and despite language / cultural / political differences, I would feel 100% comfortable if I met up with a fellow slingshot shooter.
In today's world, that's a good feeling. :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If not pleased why not post in the correct place? I like new site!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts