Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in the past we have all seen the generosity of one our more modest Mods, he does contests, gifts many of his frames to unsuspecting recipients, and is a fountain of information. all in all a really selfless man.

i am fortunate to be one of his recipients, of not 1 but 2 of his very cool frames, they both shoot very well are both very ergonomical, very pocketable, and to me, my favorite part is they carry Charles makers mark, very unique, very cool.

so! to you Charles i say in behalf of the SSF, thank you for being the person you are!
Leg Waist Sleeve Thigh Knee
Wood Bicycle part Hardwood Plywood Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Those are both nice! Charles is a generous man!

·
Super Genius
337 Posts
i love the boo shooter!! i received one of his gifts from the altoid build-off, and it was SO much fun to shoot that i shot it a lil' too much... i broke off a fork trying to launch a marble across a river, hahaha...
it holds so much value to me, tho, that i kept it... it was my first gift from this forum and came from a remarkable and inspirational person!

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i love the boo shooter!! i received one of his gifts from the altoid build-off, and it was SO much fun to shoot that i shot it a lil' too much... i broke off a fork trying to launch a marble across a river, hahaha...
it holds so much value to me, tho, that i kept it... it was my first gift from this forum and came from a remarkable and inspirational person!
i know what you mean, i hold mine supporting the forks, its a bit delicate but a great little shooter!

·
See The Target
22,021 Posts
Love the Boo shooter.I just want to reach out and grab it and shoot a couple thousand rounds.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Geeez .... You step out for a day, and people start talking behind your back!!! I took part in the Tour de Victoria yesterday, and was bagged afterward, so did not read anything, although I sign on automatically every morning. I just want to thank everyone for your very kind comments. I am certainly not unique on this forum. There are so many generous folks here who share their knowledge, skills, and slingshots!

As for breaking a boo shooter ... very sorry to hear it. I use a finger hook and thumb brace up near the band ties, so they will withstand most any band set. But fork hits would cetainly do serious damage ... not even bamboo is immune to that. However, they are so easy to make that it is not problem to make another in short order.

My very best to all of you. This forum has been a great source of pleasure to me, all due to the folks involved.

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Super Genius
337 Posts
oh believe me, i'm not complaining about my boo shooter! i was holding it too low, just barely above the handle, with my thumb in the center.. i just put too much stress on the fork.. i kept the original and i've made another from your design... thanks again for all you do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts