Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
When you say your tired what do you mean.

Tired of slingshots, the fourm or tired physically.

As for keeping in touch with friends you've made on the fourm maybe they will give you their phone number or email address.

Hope you're not thinking about leaving the fourm, I'm sure you would be missed very much.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m trying to stay here, but it’s losing its appeal. Thank you for your reply. I’m not leaving right away, or until I get some email addresses. I stayed in this forum because it consisted of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of being acquainted with. That’s the one and only reason I have stayed this long. Trust me the forum will go on just fine without me.

I’ve never figured out why anyone would purchase and or take over a well run forum and the first thing they do is @$&@&$ change it😡🤬🤦‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,835 Posts
Are you on the slingshot community forum?
I'm on it as well as this one, I go by the Preacher on it.

I rearly use the fourms website, I use Tapatalk instead.

Sent from my MAX_10 using Tapatalk

I have been exclusively here until now, but checked out the community forum today. Doesn't look bad. Not the same as the old forum here was, but I see a lot of familiar faces there. The forum itself will take some getting used to, but it is interesting and I will probably look it over for a week or three.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have been exclusively here until now, but checked out the community forum today. Doesn't look bad. Not the same as the old forum here was, but I see a lot of familiar faces there. The forum itself will take some getting used to, but it is interesting and I will probably look it over for a week or three.
I really like the slingshot community forum, lots of great people on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,835 Posts
I really like the slingshot community forum, lots of great people on it.

Looking around over there and seeing it is different. Hard to navigate after getting used to this, but maybe it's just learning the new house layout. I don't see any badges or SOTM or some of the other things that made this forum so nice. But maybe they are there. Lots of faces from here are over there. I may keep poking around over there and hanging here to see what happens. A shame the way this forum changed, really a stinkin shame.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Telegram? Someone can easily set up a Telegram channel/group and nominate admins. Your phone number does not need to be shared to join a Telegram channel but i think it's needed for a group? It all depends on how public you want to keep it i guess?

Alternatively IG? I do keep in touch with a few forum members via the occasional PM on Instagram. My IG handle is "tl.sia" for anyone else on IG that I haven't connected with yet.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I don't see any badges or SOTM or some of the other things that made this forum so nice. A shame the way this forum changed, really a stinkin shame.
So true 👍👍👍
They should have been deleted "Slingshot Qualification Badge" also, because no badges anymore.(Took eight Saturdays to get successful Gambler Shot done...)
I think You all are welcome to "Slingshot Community" forum.
I'm there "Kalevala" also and "KalevalaSlingshot" in Instagram & YouTube.

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it was just fine the old way, we had sponsors who put competitions on so we could win badges by posting a video of the person shooting at specified targets. There was information videos by pocketPredator, Nathan Masters,TreeFork along with other people. We would have members like lightgeoduck put on a competition to see how many shots you could get inside the ring of a can.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
(Oh FFS this format… please read the reply I made to this post, not this post. It’s incomplete)

I say no one do anything hastily. Let’s all float a bit. We’ve got good people here and good people on the community forum too. We’ll figure something out. I don’t mind the new template, and it looks like Sprave’s is almost identical. Some don’t like it though and that’s valid also. Some (myself included) aren’t too happy about being owned by an unresponsive giant money munching mega conglomerate, and the ads that go with it. (By the way that happened in 2016 but the format remained the same).
I don’t mind Slingshot Community, it took a bit of getting used to like anything else. Good people there too. The only problem I see there is that they’re owned by the same company. So how long before they get an “upgrade” and we’re back in the same boat again..
IG and FB are both owned by Google I believe. Nothing necessarily wrong there but many have negative feelings towards that whole situation and that’s valid too. I think we need something that’s separate from all of it.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
I say no one do anything hastily. Let’s all float a bit. We’ve got good people here and good people on the community forum too. We’ll figure something out. I don’t mind the new template, and it looks like Sprave’s is almost identical. Some don’t like it though and that’s valid also. Some (myself included) aren’t too happy about being owned by an unresponsive giant money munching mega conglomerate, and the ads that go with it. (By the way that happened in 2016 but the format remained the same).
I don’t mind Slingshot Community, it took a bit of getting used to like anything else. Good people there too. The only problem I see there is that they’re owned by the same company. So how long before they get an “upgrade” and we’re back in the same boat again..
IG and FB are both owned by Google I believe. Nothing necessarily wrong there but many have negative feelings towards that whole situation and that’s valid too. I think we need something that’s separate from all of it. For right now everyone just keep your spirits high. We have a lot of new members who are interested in helping out I can tell. I don’t want to lose them either. Shame we don’t have a web designer in the group. Maybe we do? This would be a perfect opportunity for our old sponsors to build a site. Like I said I know Simpleshot already has something built, just not sure if it can handle the traffic. The slingshot vendors could come in there directly. No tampon ads. It might be lucrative for them? I don’t know about the rest of you all but I’d gladly pay a reasonable premium fee knowing that the money is going back into the slingshot community. I’m just brainstorming though. I’m a newby and probably do not know all the dynamics that would be involved in that. I’m just hoping maybe someone might see it and think there might be opportunity here.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
An important message to the managing team in the forum clockwork running the show somewhere in cyberspace:

1 - Please reintroduce the forum seniority level rating of members (number of stars or other). Long term active members like to feel appreciated and respected for their contributions.This forum would not be what it is without them, and many actively help to get newcomers started. I have been here since 2014.

2 - Please reintroduce the competitions award system (badges). Various slingshot-related competitions yield innovation with sales potential, and help to bring new people into slingshot making and shooting.

3 - If possible, use some of the profits generated by your online advertising of miscellaneous products to develop slingshot shooting into a recognized sport at the national and international level. This could be in the form of financial support for an international slingshot shooting federation. This will ultimately increase the number of forum members and regular viewers - a win-win opportunity for the forum owners and members alike.

Requests number 1 and 2 should be technically feasible for talented web designers. Most of the older members, many of them who have been here since the very beginning, miss these fun features, and do not understand why the new forum format no longer displays them.

Request number 3 should be seen as a long term investment by the forum managers in charge of financial issues.

Trust me, it's worth it. Listen to those who keep this forum going day after day: the members and moderators, many of whom know each other beyond the forum too. We are not just numbers, but people with a genuine shared interest in a fun and challenging sport.

In my opinion, the new forum platform is generally speaking an improvement in terms of user friendliness, but it also needs to be a place where the human element plays the key role. Right now, this forum feels more like a cog in a massive money making machine of multiple forums in diverse subject areas.

Short-term profit oriented thinking based on the concept of an advertising platform, where we the forum members are just a useful accessory, is definitely not the way to go. Listen to what the members have to say.

If the other members agree with my requests, please give me your approval. All these issues need an open objective discussion ASAP.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.