Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have been trying for 3 days to get my catch box to stop spitting, but nothing helps... I have tryed T-shirt, Newspaper the lot...

I am using a standard moving box as a box, and as I said I have tryed many things to stop the bullets from jumping out again...

Does any one have tips on what I could do, or maby even a blueprint?

Thanx

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Do you have a gap between the t/shirt and the back of the box if not it wants to be about 7 inches if the shirt is hanging over the back of the box it will smash it.I use a sheet 3 inches apart 7 inches from the back of the box and works very well.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
I use cardboard in front of the Tshirts. You have to replace it every now and then, though.
I find two thick pieces of cardboard with cloth pulled under tension behind them very effective at stopping even the largest projectiles!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I have two heavy privacy curtains with 6-8" between them, draped over 3/32 cord suspended from the ceiling. The bottom of the curtains are over a cardboard box. Bearings drop into the box for reclaim.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
I drape a blanket over a clothes line. Then I place an over sized bucket underneath and all the ammo falls into the bucket. Cheap and it works great.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I guess the shirt does not move freely ,you ned a bigger catch box or dont aim close to the top where you have attached the shirt.Also you might shoot a weak setup and the ball does not hit with enough force and bounces back.
A good advice I again guess your catchbox is in horizontal position ,just lean it to the back a little so the front of the box will be off the ground few inches. Much less ammo will bounce back.
The same happened to me and this way 80% of the shots stay in the box now.
Cheers.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
I use a clear saran wrap so when it penetrates it stays and you dont have to change it for a while I have mostly applied to the very front it is clear so you see through it and it does stop the bullets from popping out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finaly got it to stop spitting=) After many tryes I found the right solution!
I cut a piece of fabrik to the size of 40cm/2,5m and folded it 5 times so that it couvers the backside of the box perfectly and poof no more rebounces!
A working catchbox is a realy great way to shoot withous losing anny ammo!
Thanx for some great tipps and long live SF! Simply a great place to meat friends and great people!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use a clear saran wrap so when it penetrates it stays and you dont have to change it for a while I have mostly applied to the very front it is clear so you see through it and it does stop the bullets from popping out.
When our arrows were carbon and moving 300fps+ hay and most commercial targets of the time would not work, we used packing wrap in bundles. We use to get it for free out back of Home Depot. Funny stuff, it would grab the shafts of the arrows very well. Not good for broad heads! I would shoot it with my sling shot and the only problem I had was getting my shot back and the off occasion when two ball would hit each other.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i use thick Styrofoam board, and behind it i place a wooden board, so the balls can be collected from the area between the two boards

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Stuff plastic Bags in a burlap sack to use as an arrow target.If you stuff the burlap bag to tight the arrows will not stick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts