Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,168 Posts
My ammo is tardering up quick and i was wondering if u had any tips on cleaning them thx!
What do you mean by "tardering"? Rust?
Like grey (not shiny) gripy like rubber to the touch . It makes them hard to adjust and slide in the pouch
I have heard some guys actually bathe their balls.....er, bearings in vinegar just to get that tarnished effect to make them more grippy in the pouch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Tumbling with corn meal would work.But I can't imagine why you would want to. Shoot those babies! pick 'em up and shoot 'em again! On one of Bill Hays' videos,
I noted that out of a pile of BBs he picked the crustiest most scrofulous one of the bunch and lit a match with it. Of course, we all know that he is a CIA robotecally enhanced shooter anyway!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
My ammo is tardering up quick and i was wondering if u had any tips on cleaning them thx!
What do you mean by "tardering"? Rust?
Like grey (not shiny) gripy like rubber to the touch . It makes them hard to adjust and slide in the pouch
I have heard some guys actually bathe their balls.....er, bearings in vinegar just to get that tarnished effect to make them more grippy in the pouch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am one of those guilty of bathing my balls in vinegar!

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
I have used dish soap and hot water after shooting soda cans to get the sticky off of them. :)
I shoot at seltzer cans so I just have to dry 'em!
Now I rinse and dry my cans after emptying them and before shooting them so I don't have to worry about sticky ammo :)

BTW what is brown and sticky? a stick :)

Reactions: StringSlap

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I boil rusted ammos in a mix of water, soda powder and salt. But then the ammos get clean but dark cause they're not stainless steel. And that's a problem cause i'm using 8mm. ammos and can't see the flight. I couldn't figure out how the paint the ammos white without making a mess.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
No need for me to clean my ammo --- marbles, steel balls and lead are 99.9% of the time just shot once as I shoot at random stuff in the desert. I have some steel that is years old and looks a little funky, but shoots great.

wll

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Mine never get dirty. They don't bounce out of my catch box and when I'm done shooting I pick them up with a large magnet. Don't leave them out to rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts