Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know I ask alot of questions, but I really want to understand the intricate details of slingshots. So here is my next question: How do you attach your bands. Well I use tubes and I just split them and tie them around each fork. From pictures it seems many of you lay the band over the top of the fork and attach it with another smaller band of some sort. So also what is the smaller band made of and how is it attached?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The constrictor knot (google it - it's hard to describe) is the biz. Seems a lot of folk tie on with strips of theraband. Since I'm still at the shallow end of the pool and hit the fork occasionally I use twine, which works well and can withstand a lot of abuse. I haven't had a band come off yet. Next model is likely to be a tree fork with lighter weight bands for better accuracy practice. I'm inclined to try putting a small hole in the ends of the band and threading the rest through. Likely I'll use double taper bands looped round the pouch and just tied on at the fork, simply cos I haven't tried that method yet. If it works OK it'd be the easiest way of replacing bandsets in the field.

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Personally ,I prefer a square knot that is sealed after tying. It is a lot faster to tie and I never had one come loose yet. The constrictor knot likes rounded objects to tie itself on. Another knot I've tried is a "Uniknot" but I always come back to the good old square knot for tying to the pouch and bands on a post too. I guess if your familiar with something you stick with it. Flatband

1 - 10 of 10 Posts