Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Panda... with a slingshot?!?
807 Posts
attach the picture?
Making a slingshot.. You can make a slingshot in many ways. Maybe make some naturals, they are the simplest, because the fork is already there. Alternatively, you can make a boardcut. Multiplex (plywood) is your best bet because there is no grain weakness. You can also make a bent rod slingshot, which involves a metal rod, and bending it into shape. A bending jig helps, but you could do it without.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It looks Thai Slingshots, Forks looks very narrow better not to use heavy bands.

There are tons of tutorial "How to make a slingshot" here, pls search............
As long as the wood is tough enough, this slingshot structure is very strong, it's just that it's not wide enough to accommodate the huge bands.

I've shot with this and it's not good, maybe I'm just not used to it.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
it looks nice but i would reccomend two things, one smalley pouch, the thing looked pretty big from that picture and unless you are using huge ammo like joerg, a smaller pouch can be used. and i recommend using some paracord or mason line to wrap the handle instead of rubber bands because those bands can be used to make a bandset, and paracord looks and feel nicer.
but overall it is a pretty good slinshot

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
That's a typical Filipino slingshot. The normal bands are pretty poor; probably the chains you're using are better. All in all, I suggest you try different designs and flatbands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.