Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wife and I are both home. Her job decide to close the doors before the lockdown even went into effect. She goes in maybe a day a week just to help with organizing and moving stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Retired!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I retired a few years ago, and was busying myself trying to learn slingshots, but now that COVID-19 has hit, I just hang in the backyard shooting slingshots. So yeah, not much different for me either.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,730 Posts
I've been working this whole time, blessed and thankful to still have a job

I work for an Applications Engineering Group that designs, builds, and provides manufacturing plants with custom Electrical control panels that run their daily production lines that produce a lot of the Daily products we all consider essential and critical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to work because I owe.

Have been working remotely for weeks now. The company has been deemed essential for national security. The door has to be kept open every day. The main man is the only guy sitting in his office all day. We have to arrange with him if we have to stop by the office to pick up something. The idea is no more than 2 persons can show up at the same time.

Actually this may become the mode of working in the future. The company is saving money for daily overheads.

-TL

PS. Whenever I take a break from the computer, I go to the backyard to shoot some slingshots. I went through 3000 clay balls in 3 weeks. Now I am shooting steel balls. I shoot the whole day and lose about 5 balls. Way to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Four weeks ago the Governor of the State of Washington closed all dental offices by special edict. I can't re-open until May 18th. I haven't taken off more than two weeks in a row since 1964.

I should retire but I enjoy what I do too much.

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
I was retired before the Wuhan. The Wuhan brought me out of retirement. My life has been running backwards since my first real job career job at 20 years old in 1983. I work in various capacities with Big Brother. The deal is that when disasters happen then the 'bad people' crawl out of the wood pile. Then of course the 'good people' (rich, entitled, politicians) go bananas with paranoia and thus demand special circumstances to make sure their lives stay pristine and protected. I never had a Big Brother growing up so this is my punishment in life.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Civil Engineer in transportation related design and construction. With so few on the roads, our workload has increased and sped up. On the one hand, very thankful to have a job. On the other hand, wouldn't mind some time off either.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Hmmmmmm......

I work maintenance at the local hospital and that department hasn't been affected although the traffic into the hospital has slowed to a crawl.

Now the interesting part..... after hiking a few hours last Friday, I was drinking a beer with my buddy and I started feeling a sore throat and once home I could not get warm. I have a fever that comes and goes, some odd and random aches and my sore throat that hurt to the touch has since subsided. If it's not the Wuhan, I don't know what it is!

I called in on Saturday, they told me to stay home, I got tested yesterday and they said they'll let me know in 3 to 5 days. I can't lie around much longer, they'll have to find an asylum for me!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts