Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many shots should I roughly be getting with the obvious fact that it will vary between band sets. I'm currently only getting about 400ish shots out of my bands and am disappointed with this. I am using single TBG 25-20mm tapers. I know theraband is pretty bad and I am ordering some GZK but I still want to get the most out of the rest of the theraband that I have. Shooting 10mm clay balls which are a bit light for the taper which could be a factor. I cut all my bands at 17cm with the pouch tie and fork ties in mind so about 15.5cm of active band length. So how many shots y'all getting out of a set?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Wasting way too much energy for long band life. Also make sure that your fork tips have no square corners.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
It would seem that you can't have it all in one set of bands. Shooting clay is making the bands snap back kind of like a stock whip.
On the other hand 3/8 steel will give you kill power. I would suggest two sets of bands. Maybe one or the other rolled up in a pill bottle.
Don't take that much to change over when needed. Just my 2cents worth.
PS: 400ish shots ain't that bad.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would seem that you can't have it all in one set of bands. Shooting clay is making the bands snap back kind of like a stock whip.
On the other hand 3/8 steel will give you kill power. I would suggest two sets of bands. Maybe one or the other rolled up in a pill bottle.
Don't take that much to change over when needed. Just my 2cents worth.
PS: 400ish shots ain't that bad.
Alright cheers bud.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Lately I've been cutting my Precise 0.65 bands 3 gen. at 15 cm. So, the actual lenght considering attachments is about 13 cm., anchor point in the mouth.

Yes: very short life bands but also very powerful and extremely accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.