Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the PPSG in Bronze. I call it "The Beast," because it was one of my first TTF slingshots and it had a WAY smaller fork gap than any other. I was actually scared of it for a time. I had several bloody hand hits and a million fork hits. I actually put on TWO gloves to go back to shooting it, one over the other.

The PPSG is a thoroughbred. It's like learning to drive with a Formula One, like learning to ride a horse on an Arabian Stallion. It will teach you how to shoot, or it will kill you.

51019862_10217621274107793_1504112394761

Like all of us. I finally learned. Now, I can't leave my bronze baby alone. Here it is with Precise Red (.7mm) tapered 2cm to 1cm and a blue GZK pouch.

I've got a PPMG, also in bronze. I gave an aluminum PPMG to my cousin this Christmas and I gave a PPMG Orbicularis to my son, so I've tried all of them. I like the PPSG the best.

It's hard to imagine that the PPSG, PPMG, and PPMG+, were all designed by the same person. I don't know the history, but here's what I think: John Webb actually designed the PPSG, he carved it out of wood with a rotary tool and his hands. It has an organic look, almost woody. You can see the Welsh bowman in it. The PPSG is art, the other two, well... they're more function.

I think the PPMG and the PPMG+ were derived from the PPSG, but I don't think Mr. Webb designed them personally. They're too different, that huge fork gap. They made them easier to shoot, but then again, a plow horse is easier to ride than a race horse.

There's a bit of sales hype going on. I'm going to fall for it, don't get me wrong. I'll buy a PPMG+, sooner or later. But I think the PPSG is still perfection. The PPSG is heavier than the PPMG, or the PPMG+, even though it's smaller. This is one sturdy little guy.

If I hear about the PPSG and "Small Hands" one more time, I'm gonna puke. Yes, it's small, but it's not that small. I have plenty big hands, thank you, and the PPSG fits me just fine. They will pull out all the guns when it comes to convincing you that the old model isn't good enough and you need the new model. Like I say, it's already working.

Those of you who have a PPMG, let me ask you a question; When you're kissing it, like with your tongue and all, do you get a metallic taste in your mouth? Well, love is like that.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would have never bought one personally. I thought it was kind of goofy looking and then I received one for Xmas from a really good slingshot friend. Man was I ever wrong I love shooting the thing. I can see why you are so into it.
5a2b13c3755d7cac197bdb5f9eb9fd37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I will pick one of these up I love my PPMG so much I got two.

I think you've got me convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts