Metal00.00%
Plastic114.29%
G10228.57%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone from a newbie.

I'm eyeing different slingshots to add to my repertoire, and besides the grip style they have a lot of different grip materials.

One of the interesting materials for me was the leather-like wrapping on the GZK-Hammer models, it looks like it could be really stable in my sweaty hands.

The material in question: https://trade.onloon.net/detail?itemId=c5b71dd44dd84d7f85e4e7deb85cff14

But I'm afraid I'd have to rewrap my slingshot after some short period of time, and I'm not a big fan of redoing things frequently.

So, what are your experiences with the wrapping type handle materials and how do you maintain them?

Bonus poll about the overall preferable handle materials.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't know about that particular shooter, but I generally don't like wrapped handles so much. If it was a good comfortable fork to begin with they wouldn't need to wrap it. I always take the large wads of wrapping material off of anything I buy. Then if it needs it I'll leave a little bit on for looks and comfort.

Reactions: mattwalt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Use some gripped heat shrink. I've got it on all mine. Nice soft rubbery feel with no slippage. You can shrink it with a hair dryer. Lasts ages and it's easy

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
If you have followed any of my posts you probably figured out that I like natural materials like, wood, antler, bone and LEATHER.

GP

·
Neophyte
2,122 Posts
I have found that if you do a good job wrapping and use a durable material to wrap with, there is little need to re-wrap a frame...Unless you get bored with the look and want to try something different- that is a totally valid reason :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts