Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong place to post. I made a sling a couple of years ago. I practice a bit but I want to know how to aim with one. I did look up tutorials on YouTube, but it mostly shows different ways to shoot (throw? pitch?) I need more help; any tips you can share?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
,When you throw a ball , how do you aim ?
I don't understand the question. I use the figure 8 style of throwing and my question was how do you aim with a sling. Slingshots are easy because you look either though the fork or on top of the fork(s) depending on what works for you. I was wondering if there's something kinda similar for slings

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hold the fork kind of sideways and sight over the corner of the top fork. put a circle on paper and shoot at that. If you are hitting at what would be 7:00 on a clock, raise that aim towards 1:00. When you are consistently hitting the circle. Stop thinking and shoot a few, your eye and hand doesn't need your brain getting the way. Good luck comes with practice and patience.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hold the fork kind of sideways and sight over the corner of the top fork. put a circle on paper and shoot at that. If you are hitting at what would be 7:00 on a clock, raise that aim towards 1:00. When you are consistently hitting the circle. Stop thinking and shoot a few, your eye and hand doesn't need your brain getting the way. Good luck comes with practice and patience.
Thank you for that, but I was referring to slings, not slingshots. I was using the slingshot example to better explain what I'm speaking about. As I explained before, I'm looking for some help for aiming with a sling. I will use your advice for slingshot aiming though.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
My bad! Mis-read.

The load on a sling pretty much goes where you're pointing. Coordinating your release with your pointing is the necessity. Start with shorter slings and lighter loads like short flight golf balls.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Much like hand throws as said above.

Direct your center of mass towards the target. release at the right time. try to do the same movement and release consistently, if you miss consistently to a side then adjust your feet not your hand or release. After practice you'll find your way of adjusting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to thank everyone for their advice. I had practiced with these in mind, and I admit I have improved. I only got about 7 out of 60 in general, but it's an improvement I'm proud of. Thanks again everyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.