1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
987 Posts
Excellent tutorials Charles !! ... I could not describe better your text "having a tea cup with the queen" ha ha funny BUT VERY TRUE ... if I had access to this kind of info I could avoid the fork hits I had before learning how it should be done ...

Cheers

Arturo

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Excellent videos Charles. Should help a bunch of people, including me. The speed bump effect is definitely what i was doing wrong. Thanks for doing this, most appreciated. Bookmarking this one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thanks Charles. I will be putting your fine instruction to use. My pouch holding and release technique definitely needs further practice and experimentation before Nirvana can ever be achieved . . . Ha! This definitely helps.

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Excellent video Charles! Charles Saunders told me that I had far too many toys! Hmmmm, does that that also apply to you? -- Tex :cookie:

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent video Charles! Charles Saunders told me that I had far too many toys! Hmmmm, does that that also apply to you? -- Tex :cookie:
I am sure you know the old saying ... Beware the man who has only one gun, because he probably knows how to use it well!

If that also applies to slingshots, then no one needs to beware of me!!!! :rofl:

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again to everyone for your kind comments.

I do not mean to condemn the speed bump effect if one is knowingly using it for good purpose ... I certainly use it when shooting bare back, for instance. But you do need to understand it well, what causes it, and how it throws the ammo. If you do not understand it, you are just as likely to cause yourself or your frame some severe damage.

Cheers .... Charles

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good topic and nice videos. I had a nasty hand strike last week shooting with a jagged rock (bad choice, I know). I wonder now if my grip on that rock (other than the fact that it may not have been properly seated in the pouch) may have caused the speed bump effect you describe. I think tea with the Queen would have been less painful. :slap:

·
Super Moderator
10,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good topic and nice videos. I had a nasty hand strike last week shooting with a jagged rock (bad choice, I know). I wonder now if my grip on that rock (other than the fact that it may not have been properly seated in the pouch) may have caused the speed bump effect you describe. I think tea with the Queen would have been less painful. :slap:
Odd shaped rocks often result in a bad release ... resulting in fliers, fork and hand hits. That nasty speed bump effect strikes again!

Cheers .... Charles

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am so glad to have found this before my slingshot arrived! You've likely saved me quite a bit of pain.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts