Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think most of us that are on this forum have been keeping busy with some craft during this lockdown... Slingshots would be a given! Some also do leather work, miscelaneous woodwork and we have a few metal workers that make knives among other things as well as painters/artists too. There are amazing multi-talented craftsmen here and I enjoy seeing their work!

The only thing about carving forks from trees that I am not sure if the article/video mentions is that forks need to be dried before you do anything with them or they are likely to have a mind of their own... There are ways to accelerate drying of course and if you need that info, there are lots of guys here with the natty knowhow...

Stay safe... And work safe with sharp tools... You don't want to need the ER, especially not during this time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think most of us that are on this forum have been keeping busy with some craft during this lockdown... Slingshots would be a given! Some also do leather work, miscelaneous woodwork and we have a few metal workers that make knives among other things as well as painters/artists too. There are amazing multi-talented craftsmen here and I enjoy seeing their work!

The only thing about carving forks from trees that I am not sure if the article/video mentions is that forks need to be dried before you do anything with them or they are likely to have a mind of their own... There are ways to accelerate drying of course and if you need that info, there are lots of guys here with the natty knowhow...

Stay safe... And work safe with sharp tools... You don't want to need the ER, especially not during this time!
It's better to be productive this way... thanks for the tips and advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts