Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not something I have been able to accomplish myself "My best can cut was 5 shots" but this is how I think it could be done!

First shot dead center with a good powerful SlingShot splits can in the middle.

Second shot half way between first shot and top of can opens the tear up nicely.

Third shot right on bottom edge of can "could" rip the can in half! That is my theory.

I have been using 3/8" steel, maybe 7/16" or 1/2" might work better.

The can pictured ended up taking me 10 shots to make the cut.

I would love it if someone could prove my theory.

Yes this is a challenge! Someone show me it can be done!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I've done it in four shots with 5/8' marbles shooting full butterfly frameless with a loop of amber 1745. The first shot went straight through the centre and tore the back out, the second hit slightly to the right & tore the side open, the third continued the rip & the last one hit the bottom half of the can square and blew it clear. :)

Three shots would be impressive!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG! I did it!!!

I have noticed that marbles from my SlingShot hit extremely hard but don't seem to penetrate or split the can til after a few shots. But 3/8" steel will penetrate both side and split the can nicely. So I thought what if I took 2 shots with steel and then switched to a marble.

Well son of a gun it worked!!!

The first 2 shots with 3/8" steel didn't actually split the can as much as I expected, but took out both sides high on the can. The 3rd shot with the marble hit low as I planned and ripped the can apart!

I was a little bit shocked, It actually worked as planned and on the first try!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts