Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a lanyard from GZK to try one and it's really crap.
Before that, I had tried something with a stretchable fabric and it was much better.
The fact it was stretchable applied counter force which helped in pulling.

So I'd like to do the same thing with latex tubes. The hole in my frame is 0.55mm diameter so I can pass a 2050 tube in it but then how am I supposed to make a lanyard out of this? Ideally it should be adjustable but I dunno how to do that.

Any tips or tutorials out there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you figure this out, please let me know. Pocket Predator sells a well made lanyard/bracelet that is 9” in length and is not adjustable. It is made of paracord and therefore does not flex much. The 9” length happens to fit me and I adjust the tension with the cord that goes through the lanyard hole in the frame. May have to try tubing to connect the frame to the lanyard/bracelet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I thought about it, we could do a mixed lanyard, add some tubes to connect to a classic lanyard/paracord bacelet, that way it will stretch and we can have the benefit of an adjustable lanyard
But I am not very good with making this sort of things so I don't even know how I should tie the tubes at the moment, wishing for some tips first :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i didn't know

i'm still not sure how to proceed, but i checked the eight figure knot, i guess i'll find something and report here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts