Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you flipgun. I’ve been very fortunate to have been helped by several Forum members through years, so I want to keep the tradition up. I fully understand this subject has been discussed before, but we never know if there is a new person looking for answers and doesn’t want to ask. I remember Dick Riley offered me a jig to tie bands and tubes. He had two models, when he asked me which one I would like, I replied I had never used one, so I didn’t know the difference. He gave me both of them I feel this Forum is to support fellow members so they can enjoy this amazing sprt

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
I'm trying to help a fellow Forum member come up with the correct length for flat bands. Would someone please post the best way to figure a proper length for bands and tubes. Thank you in advance
Thanks Tag
That's really cool. I know some people probably get tried of hearing the same questions over and over but in a small way it does help a forum keep going doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Tag....

How about this. Take a string and tie it to your SS fork. Assume your shooting stance, pull string back between thumb and finger and mark then measure. If you are a newbie like me, divide that length by 4 for a lighter pull. Add length for tying. If you want something stronger, divide by 5 or more.

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
I use a tape measure. Hold it in your frame hand then draw the end to your anchor point then push the blade lock. Take that measurement and decide it by 4or 5. The width depends on your ammo.
Hope you are doing well my friend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts