Slingshots Forum banner

How To Tie Looped Tubes With Tying Ribbon

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Devon minnow 
#1 ·
I've recently been looking into tying ribbon and seems to be pretty good looking. But I have one problem. I shoot looped tubes and I have a flat band tying jig that I don't use for my tubes as it doesn't seem to work for them. It's a little red dankung band jig does anyone know a way to tie looped tubes with this jig? Or does anyone know a jig-free way of tying looped tubes with tying ribbon?

#5 ·
attachicon.gif
IMG_1801.JPG
I had one of those dankung rig makes and had a lot of problems with the tubes slipping. I bought this one above off Ebay for about £1.30. The artery forceps were about £5 and slipped some 2040 tubing over the ends. Have no problems know with the tubing slipping.
That looks good. Could you send me the link to that product if possible?

#7 ·
#9 ·
I only tie with cotton utility twine to tie. Never had any issues with this method. Constrictor knot and a little prestretch on tubes and I get as long a band life as anyone else I have heard from. Can not speak to the use of the ribbon, maybe someone with more experience can chime in? I have used cuffs which requires a certain type of tool (you can make one). I will post the link I learned from as soon as I find it :) The cuff method lasts just as long as tied sets and only requires a bit of tubing, pouch and the aforementioned tool.

Reactions: Got Bands
#10 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Got Bands
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.