Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My people have used the pult for hunting, recreation and defense since rubber was invented so I thought I would say how it is done. Today modern materials are used. In my case Theraband gold as it is the cheapest per SHOT that I can buy. I cut it into 6mm strips 320mm long. It is easy to do and fills the odd times. I finish this to 300mm and draw 1400mm. Any flat rubber can be used in this way. This will give you all the power you need from light target shooting to hunting. I use natural forks cut and shaped to my hand. The rubber is attached in the traditional way by drilling the fork end and bolting a leather tab to the fork. The tab should be long enough to extend all the way across the fork end.
2 straps per side for 32 - 100gr
3 straps per side for 32 - 170gr
4 straps per side for 100 - 200gr
I do not have the means to measure for speed or to make pictures. I am sorry.
For target shooting I use 115gr lead balls for best accuracy which I cast in a home made mould.
for hunting I used the stones when possible but also 230gr lead from a home made mould in the shape of a belted lead ball for the rifle. A very effective hunting shape.
I hope this will be of help to some especially those who try for the first time.

· Banned
1,262 Posts
My people have used the pult for hunting, recreation and defense since rubber was invented so I thought I would say how it is done. Today modern materials are used. In my case Theraband gold as it is the cheapest per SHOT that I can buy. I cut it into 6mm strips 320mm long. It is easy to do and fills the odd times. I finish this to 300mm and draw 1400mm. Any flat rubber can be used in this way. This will give you all the power you need from light target shooting to hunting. I use natural forks cut and shaped to my hand. The rubber is attached in the traditional way by drilling the fork end and bolting a leather tab to the fork. The tab should be long enough to extend all the way across the fork end.
2 straps per side for 32 - 100gr
3 straps per side for 32 - 170gr
4 straps per side for 100 - 200gr
I do not have the means to measure for speed or to make pictures. I am sorry.
For target shooting I use 115gr lead balls for best accuracy which I cast in a home made mould.
for hunting I used the stones when possible but also 230gr lead from a home made mould in the shape of a belted lead ball for the rifle. A very effective hunting shape.
I hope this will be of help to some especially those who try for the first time.
6mm wide,do you have some pics of one of your set ups,you got me curious now lol

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marcus I am unable to do pictures.
The way is to drill the end of each fork to take a bolt - smooth head facing you - with a leather tab attached to the face away from you. This should extend back the width of the fork and have a hole in the end to attach the straps. The thin straps last better than tapered. If the straps twist in use it makes no difference and can be ignored. This system works with any rubber in principle even red innertube. The long draw is the only way to shoot the slingshot. Once you have learnt you have power without draw weight. To learn requires patience as you must first master 2 straps and then gradually move up. Easy for a growing child. I do not use more than 4 straps but it is possible but why. Is not 40yds enough to hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.