Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks like good form to me! No canting of the frame that I can see and tilting slightly at the waist for a lower shot is all great! Are you hitting your target with relative consistency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good to me. Remember on your elbow, level or a bit high. Never low.
Yup, I was hitting a bit high. Brought my elbow up and started to drop them into the target. First time seeing myself shooting a SS. Noticed my stance is very similar as when I shoot my HH longbow. I cant the bow over a fair bit. Especially for close shots. I come from the HH/Schultz school of LB shooting!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like good form to me! No canting of the frame that I can see and tilting slightly at the waist for a lower shot is all great! Are you hitting your target with relative consistency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I was shooting at a can on the ground. That pic was taken early in the session. I was working on my form and anchoring. I actually shoot a lot better when I shoot like I do with a longbow. I have a very fast shot sequence with a longbow. I don't hold at anchor. After a while I was just shooting instinctively (Let's please not open that debate!) and releasing as soon as I touched my anchor. My consistency actually improved quite a bit after that. Went through at least 100 shots that way and really got into a groove and started drilling the can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts