Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all, want to share some slingmail I got yesterday, and boy did I get some slingmail!! Steve messaged me last week, said he was sending some stuff, 2 frames, well, this is what showed up!! An original Hedge grove hunter by Matt Redding, an SPS, the carbon fibre and Jade gauntlet, and a J5 pocket parasite!!! And I'm sure this pp was not easy to let go off!! This one makes me all the more excited to get the one Joeys building me in my hands!! As well he sent 2 cores.

Thank you so so much Steve. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. These frames will be in my collection when my girls will be going through all Dads old stuff lol.

Now excuse me while I go make ALOT of chips!! This guys got a lot of cutting to do to make good for all this!!! Musical instrument String instrument String instrument accessory String instrument Guitar accessory
Wood Font Art Tableware Bottle opener
Hand Gesture Thumb Finger Art
Hand tool Axe Gesture Tool Wood

Attachments

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
A nice haul if I do say so myself! :neener: But seriously, I sent Shane that good stuff because I wanted to show appreciation for what he's done for me already, as well as pre-payment for what he's going to be sending me. We made a deal for certain frames of mine. But when you take into consideration the time, effort and cost involved in the frames Shane builds, I wanted to go above and beyond, because that what Shane does.

I really like the frames I sent him. Who wouldn't? But I am honestly shooting his frames almost exclusively. I like to use everything I have, so those slings weren't going to see a lot of use. I admire you guys and gals that can collect things and put them away for a long time and not use them! That makes my brain itch! That PP and HH were difficult for me to part with. I really had no plan to try to sell or trade them, but my love and appreciation of Shane's frames made the decision to send them to him a lot easier. Part of what Shane does is just because he's a great guy. But he also does it as a way to collect frames that would take a lot of time and money to collect. Shane has brought a lot of great frames and positive energy to us slingers, so it was my pleasure to add to his collection!

Thanks again, Shane!

And thanks to everyone else for the kind words and for making this a great place to hang out!

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A nice haul if I do say so myself! :neener: But seriously, I sent Shane that good stuff because I wanted to show appreciation for what he's done for me already, as well as pre-payment for what he's going to be sending me. We made a deal for certain frames of mine. But when you take into consideration the time, effort and cost involved in the frames Shane builds, I wanted to go above and beyond, because that what Shane does.

I really like the frames I sent him. Who wouldn't? But I am honestly shooting his frames almost exclusively. I like to use everything I have, so those slings weren't going to see a lot of use. I admire you guys and gals that can collect things and put them away for a long time and not use them! That makes my brain itch! That PP and HH were difficult for me to part with. I really had no plan to try to sell or trade them, but my love and appreciation of Shane's frames made the decision to send them to him a lot easier. Part of what Shane does is just because he's a great guy. But he also does it as a way to collect frames that would take a lot of time and money to collect. Shane has brought a lot of great frames and positive energy to us slingers, so it was my pleasure to add to his collection!

Thanks again, Shane!

And thanks to everyone else for the kind words and for making this a great place to hang out!
Thanks my friend for the words! Just having you all enjoy and appreciate the frames is all the payment I need, that being said.....I'm totally stoked about these. They will be shot and cherished for years to come. As well I love having two frames the same, as some of you guys do as well, so having this pocket parasite along with the one Joey is currently making Is so amazing!!!

So I want to say a big thanks to Steve for this amazing addition to my growing collection. And to thanks to everyone else for the support and kindness, this is the best place to hang out. The slingshots just bring us all together, it's the friendships that make this place so great!!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Gobsmacked is my favorite phrase that most people don't understand. But I totally understand the premise of the relationship and trade you guys are pulling together. I think that what Island Made is REALLY doing is putting flat-out amazing custom slings into the hands of a bunch of regular sling-joes. I imagine that was the story for other pro-makers coming out of the slingcloset as well. I am going to have to stay in my lane for awhile longer and wait for the chance to own a Island Made Original before he starts making em' out of HDPE!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gobsmacked is my favorite phrase that most people don't understand. But I totally understand the premise of the relationship and trade you guys are pulling together. I think that what Island Made is REALLY doing is putting flat-out amazing custom slings into the hands of a bunch of regular sling-joes. I imagine that was the story for other pro-makers coming out of the slingcloset as well. I am going to have to stay in my lane for awhile longer and wait for the chance to own a Island Made Original before he starts making em' out of HDPE!
Mo, your comments always make my day! Your to kind my friend. But pro-maker is a bit much I think, there are some true "pro-makers" on here, and one day I hope to be able to sit around the same table as them. And we will get you one as soon as I can!!

And let me say something right now, my frames will NEVER!!!! be HDPE or cast!! There's nothing wrong with HDPE or cast, people do amazing stuff with it, but not this guy lol.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
MMM you hit the nail on the head with your comments! Both about the nature of the deal as well as Shane putting high end pieces into the hands of a lot of deserving folks. That's why I felt the need to put some nice frames into his hands!

Are you anywhere close to Cary, NC?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts